Thermo Top heat circuit

gait

Explorer
the objective behind
We live in Scotland which is not the warmest.......

the objective of our drive from Aus to Europe was an Easter wedding in Blairgowrie. Noticeable difference between heating damp Scottish air and dry Mongolian air. We enjoyed the mountains as well as the wedding.

One day I'll get round to adding an arduino to measure room temp and control fan speed - proportional control to mimic how I control now, rather than bang-bang on/off. Controlling water flow automatically would be harder and fraught.

BigSkyBrad

I have found a replacement pcb for the Evo-5 that is non-canbus and 12v switching, so that issue is sorted.

I would like to install the heater in one of the underbody alloy lockers (that are attached to the underneath of the subframe) - what issues might crop up? - heatstroke?
The air intake would draw from the outside, and the part of the exhaust inside the locker would be heat-wrapped.

dlapof

Found out this interesting tread I would like to ask a question.. can't find answer anywhere. I'll be using a Aquah water heater for my build with a Thermo Top Evo and I'm wondering if I can let the heated coolant flow into my circuit even if the water heater tank is empty? The only thing it says is to not turn on the 120V heating element when empty but what about coolant? Thanks!

Joe917

Explorer
Found out this interesting tread I would like to ask a question.. can't find answer anywhere. I'll be using a Aquah water heater for my build with a Thermo Top Evo and I'm wondering if I can let the heated coolant flow into my circuit even if the water heater tank is empty? The only thing it says is to not turn on the 120V heating element when empty but what about coolant? Thanks!
The coolant should not be hot enough to cause a failure in the water tank. The best solution though is to be able to bypass any part of the system, including HWT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior