The Yeti had a baby Boy!!

TexGX

Explorer
I have been wanting to buy a run about for the van. I picked up this TW200 for cheap on craig's list. There are a few things that need attended to(the seat being one), but she runs great and will fit the bill perfectly.

YetiBaby.jpg

I have a new helmet and will be looking to learn a lot. Would like to meet up with other TW200 owners to help work out issues. I will say I get it now.

TexGX

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Nice T-Dub! Love ours. BLT Offroad TW200

Latest mod I did was to silver solder a brass lever for adjusting the pilot screw without tools. Much easier to make an adjustment for altitude. Still love riding the tight trails on that dub :)

ramzflier

I also bought a TW this summer. Super fun and easy to ride. I'd like to be able to tote it on the back of my Tacoma on a rack similar to your set up.

TexGX

Explorer
The single hitch carrier is ok for road but would need to be beefed up for off road. The van is a little tall so the ramp is steep. I do not want a trailer. It has been fun so far.

TexGX

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
With that seat you need to paint it orange, get a Dixie horn and find some "sweet jumps" for it ;)

TexGX

Explorer
henreyJ,
I could also add 01 to the tank.

A friend had a spare seat I can use until I get mine recovered. I fixed the blinker issue by replacing the LED rear blinkers the PO put on. All stickers off except tank. Looks much better now. Will post pics tomorrow.

TexGX

TexGX

Explorer
Worked on the Cub this weekend. Here is a before and after shot:

Start.jpg
Before

Improvement.jpg
After

Still have a few things to do. I will need to break down and repaint frame sometime. The tires need replacing. Any suggestions?

TexGX

TexGX

Explorer
Well a lot of work has went into The Goat (new name after riding off-road). I know refer to it as a TW200A. Figured out that when I first tried to fix throttle, I messed up and was only getting half throttle. The increased power and ability to easily get to 60 mph are huge improvements. I am having a blast working on it.

image.jpg

With the help of a fellow forum member, I bought a parts bike and a few boxes of new and used parts. I am enjoying it so far.

TexGX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles