The world is on fire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
While the overall area of annual burn in the world has remained relatively static in this period, the research indicates a shifting regional fire pattern that is affecting more forests and fewer grasslands.

Keep reading and you see lots of speculation and scare tactics, typical Guardian tripe.

billiebob

While the overall area of annual burn in the world has remained relatively static in this period, the research indicates a shifting regional fire pattern that is affecting more forests and fewer grasslands.

Keep reading and you see lots of speculation and scare tactics, typical Guardian tripe.
well yes and no..... no doubt we humans are incredibly agressive and capable of upsetting, destroying eco systems, We restrict government intervention and give free rein to corporate profit, We are ruled by the IMF, altho that is changing.

Me, global warming, natural causes, who knows, but we live like pigs, we ignore pollution, we ignore garbage, we actually export trash. We don't even see the pacific plastic island we have created.... if we keep going in 20 years if might be a continent.

Fine, global warming is a hoax. Carbon tax a rip off. If you cry about hurricanes don't live in Louisiana. You don't like forest fires don't live in California, You don't want to lose that beach front home on the East Coast...... move to North Dakota. I'm not sure how to avoid snow in Texas tho,. move to ???

Ultimately, we are pigs, oblivious to consequences, driven to consume more, never less, our financial model insists on GROWTH !!! at any cost. If we spent $100 last year we must spend $110 this year. If we earned $100 last year we MUST earn $115 next year. Totally unsustainable. Only possible if we continue raping the land. Imposing ourselves on other cultures. Eventually the military expenditures will not be enough. Out world gets smaller every day. Guys like Musk and populating Mars give the greedy and the dreamers hope. And pions like you and I give them the fuel to move ahead.

Wolves know it is a lie. Birds know as we destroy the wetlands along their coastal fly ways we will kill them. Fish have no reason to live in fish farms. Kobi cattle will end up mutating to survive the hell we have created.... If you are truly religious, you know our maker will find a way to right our wrongs.

Me, I just believe we live like pigs. We elect people to guide the masses. We do that with regulations to restrict economic, corporate greed. We the people own the world. If we give up that responsibility........... well we are lost.

pith helmet

I use prescribed fire to reduce the risk of accidental fire as well as improving/restoring historic habitat. Also helps timber growth. Win/win/win.

Not to dismiss real problems but there are plenty of scare tactics around as the fear mongers have control of the narrative and an economic interest in promoting fear. I live in a place subject to hurricanes and tornados. I also had an inch of ice and temps in the teens last week. Everyone on Earth has to live with some risk. ED488054-B1B2-4473-BCEA-9A5C65A337C2.jpeg

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
well yes and no..... no doubt we humans are incredibly agressive and capable of upsetting, destroying eco systems, We restrict government intervention and give free rein to corporate profit, We are ruled by the IMF, altho that is changing.

Me, global warming, natural causes, who knows, but we live like pigs, we ignore pollution, we ignore garbage, we actually export trash. We don't even see the pacific plastic island we have created.... if we keep going in 20 years if might be a continent.

Fine, global warming is a hoax. Carbon tax a rip off. If you cry about hurricanes don't live in Louisiana. You don't like forest fires don't live in California, You don't want to lose that beach front home on the East Coast...... move to North Dakota. I'm not sure how to avoid snow in Texas tho,. move to ???

Ultimately, we are pigs, oblivious to consequences, driven to consume more, never less, our financial model insists on GROWTH !!! at any cost. If we spent $100 last year we must spend $110 this year. If we earned $100 last year we MUST earn $115 next year. Totally unsustainable. Only possible if we continue raping the land. Imposing ourselves on other cultures. Eventually the military expenditures will not be enough. Out world gets smaller every day. Guys like Musk and populating Mars give the greedy and the dreamers hope. And pions like you and I give them the fuel to move ahead.

Wolves know it is a lie. Birds know as we destroy the wetlands along their coastal fly ways we will kill them. Fish have no reason to live in fish farms. Kobi cattle will end up mutating to survive the hell we have created.... If you are truly religious, you know our maker will find a way to right our wrongs.

Me, I just believe we live like pigs. We elect people to guide the masses. We do that with regulations to restrict economic, corporate greed. We the people own the world. If we give up that responsibility........... well we are lost.

The gov is not the answer to any issue.

jeepgc

Adventurer

Which news sources would you recommend PJFC?

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Which news sources would you recommend PJFC?

I consume far more left wing "news" than right wing, its just impossible not to unless you live in a bubble. I honestly do not see anyone just giving us the facts anymore, when you read a story you are being told how to think, who is wrong, who to blame, us vs. them, etc.
How many graduate with a journalism degree today that have not been indoctrinated with left wing views by their professor?

jeepgc

Adventurer
I consume far more left wing "news" than right wing, its just impossible not to unless you live in a bubble. I honestly do not see anyone just giving us the facts anymore, when you read a story you are being told how to think, who is wrong, who to blame, us vs. them, etc.
How many graduate with a journalism degree today that have not been indoctrinated with left wing views by their professor?
Well, I agree with you, but there are right wing professors too.

We all take journalism with a pinch of salt and try to work out the truth.

I read the Guardian as IMHO it's one of the better free sites, also more balanced than a lot that's available, their environment pages are pretty much spot on and seem to be ahead of the others.

But yes, the government/donor/sponsored spin machines are usually obvious.

Not going to name and shame your regular(s)?

68camaro

Any River...Any Place

This is BS, most wildfires spread out of control because of wacko environmentalists not allowing the people to properly managing the forest to avoid this stuff. The Texas grid going down is because they are no longer preparing for these things but instead bending knee to woke liberal government management of the grid, AKA CA electric companies. You want to see things get worse, let government fully run it.

The best way to insure our future is to get government out and by encouraging private property people will care for what is theirs. If no one owns it no one cares about it.

Read some facts before you come on here with your progressive BS. Take forests, today there the same amount of forest land as 1920, but we get massively more in timber harvested because of better management techniques. BTW I was forestry major so save your ad hominem attacks.

I won't speak for you but I am not a pig, I bet most all here are not pigs and my family and friends are not pigs....the environment is managed way better today than in the past. If global warming kills humanity, either thru heat or cold - take your pick because the focus is always changing, it will NOT be because of anything we did.

The fact is after we are all gone, the earth will be fine even we if we nuke all of us off the planet. Our time here is but a blip at end of day. It's arrogant to think we control the destiny of the planet.

I'll end on agreeing with you about cost of living....most people are oblivious to the reason why and getting them to care is like trying to teach a dog math.

jadmt

ignore button user
The most "caring" ecological friendly person probably contributes as just as much as the average every day joe who doesn't give a crap....then you get the John Kerry's of the world who do more damage in a day then I will do in a lifetime in the name of fighting guys like me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles