The working - camping OBS F-350

Seabass

Idiot
I think i missed something somewhere....what locker did you end up with?

Detroit. I learned that I could buy one from a shop that I've done business with for years. It was nice to have a face to face purchase. As a bonus I have a real storefront and person that I personally know if I have problems.

Chorky

Observer
Right on! In person I agree is best - its a shame so many places are going away from that to cut cost. Great news you like it so much! Might make me rethink a few things.

Seabass

Idiot
I started out with this....
0960bc4737cec4c71f5144a97621b610.jpg

It became worth too much money and I recently sold it and purchased this....
f54559d5b70b677e85d479eb382e9c6f.jpg

No regrets. So it leaves me still with this....!
09deb277b1b2ce8cc8a8ab938fc9c357.jpg

So I’m looking at the things I would like to do to this old truck. I’m looking for inputs and opinions. To get you up to speed on the truck so you don’t have to re-read the thread: it’s a 97 F-350. 460. 5spd. 4.10 gears. Detroit Locker in the rear. About 2” of lift. Pretty much everything on the truck is new, or rebuilt. It’s a great truck. I drive it every single day and would literally drive it anywhere.

I’d like to do 4” of lift. I’m thinking a shackle reversal kit and 35’s. Maybe a tru-trac in the front. So who’s the manufacturer to use on the SRK? Sky? PMF? Is there another? Thanks guys!

Last edited:

longroad2nowhere

The big rubber and taller final ration is certainly working against you with regards to EGTs
These motors like revs to keep the EGTs down.

Unless you plan on re-gearing, intercooler and a conservative tune should do it.

Having an OBS 7.3 myself, it always amazes me that so many people seem to tow REAL heavy with them without melt-down.
I can peg the EGT gauge pretty easily, even when 100% stock. Perhaps they really are that tough (y)
Thanks! Are you running stock leaves with it or custom?

I am running the super duty springs that sky’s recommends. Their rsk and those springs give me a 4” lift.

sdemarcus

20190808_114426.jpg
I use the PMF 2.5 rsk. I've had a good experience with the kit, very easy to install and tucked up nice so is not very noticable. I did superduty axles front and rear, and used stock springs from the superduty. The front is the x code springs so I was able to fit 35's with no issues, and the rear needed a 4" block to sit level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles