The "Well isn't that Clever" Thread

dzzz

Electronics version

I'll start:

Universal Mini USB Car Charger Adapter

209891078.jpg

dzzz

And:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Logisys-RM01-Power-control-kit/dp/B000MXNJ7G/ref=pd_cp_e_1"]12V remote control kit[/ame]

It's hard to go wrong for $14

41JfKuhw4lL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pest

Adventurer
And:

12V remote control kit

It's hard to go wrong for $14

41JfKuhw4lL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Really is clever... I just can't exactly think of what I'd use that for at the moment.

EDIT: Never mind... perhaps I could wire it into the furnace in the camper so that I don't have to get up at night to turn it off (I'm a light sleeper, and the blower is loud... I'd rather be a bit cold than be hearing it)

dzzz

This was brought up in another thread. About the easiest way to fuse a house battery. Click on image.

dzzz

EDIT: Never mind... perhaps I could wire it into the furnace in the camper so that I don't have to get up at night to turn it off (I'm a light sleeper, and the blower is loud... I'd rather be a bit cold than be hearing it)

I hoping you woud go for ejection seat. :)
Personally I wouldn't wire a $14 remote control relay into my furnace. But we all have different ideas of excitement.........

mbuckner

Adventurer
Really is clever... I just can't exactly think of what I'd use that for at the moment.

Could you wire it in for a kill switch on a vehicle???

dzzz

If it was the actual battery cable you would need to to use it to control a large relay. It could kill control circuits, but again remember $14. I would buy two for repair parts, and know what to do when it fails.
The logisys devices do have good reviews, but are really meant to control non-critical devices like lights. I'm not familiar how remote control kill devices are wired.

wrcsixeight

Adventurer
I like the Flush fit USB port.

I found a USB 5 row LED lamp on a 15 inch adjustable arm at a 99 cent store.
It froze my laptop, but I plug in into an outlet on an FM transmitter. Bright and draw well under 0.1 amps. Really bluish light though.
Bought 2 more just to have.

eugene

Explorer
I have a couple of those USB ports, the brand I have has a little handle that folds out to make removing them easier.

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Add-a-fuse

Attachments

• add_a_fuse.jpg
    add_a_fuse.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 3,059

CJCA

Adventurer
Add-a-fuse

attachment.php

Those are really slick. A few months ago I was looking for a simple, clean way to tap a fused circuit high-beam headlight relay. Went to Kragen and spotted one of these in the electrical section. Took less than five minutes to install an additional fused circuit for aux lights relay. They aren't cheap, but are well worth the price for such ease of adding additional fused circuits. Clever!

dzzz

I have not seen that light. Great idea.

I wonder if this thread is starting to piss off smokers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke