The Unnamed - 2019 Ram Power Wagon Build

St8ton

Just curious - What sort of MPG are you getting with all of that?
13.6 on this past weekends trip thru the mountains of western NC. I'll avg. 10-11 in stop and go traffic in town on short commutes. I've seen 16.5 pulling my camper in the mountains, but I think the wind was always at my back. (IE: Unexplainable)

St8ton

A little update:

Changed up the dash mount - Phone holder / GMRS radion mount.
Bulletproof Mounting Solutions Ram Mount
It is the simplest mount to install, two screws and some preinstalled 3m tape and you're done!
ZDpQ0qAl.jpg

66p5f7Gl.jpg

U8WE3Vbl.jpg

Antwon412

A little update:

Changed up the dash mount - Phone holder / GMRS radion mount.
Bulletproof Mounting Solutions Ram Mount
It is the simplest mount to install, two screws and some preinstalled 3m tape and you're done!
ZDpQ0qAl.jpg

66p5f7Gl.jpg

U8WE3Vbl.jpg
I had planned to go that route. Unfortunately the ball they use is too small to work with the standard RAM mounts I use in my motorcycle.
Great quality built products though.

UglyViking

I had planned to go that route. Unfortunately the ball they use is too small to work with the standard RAM mounts I use in my motorcycle.
Great quality built products though.

67 designs makes bomb mounts, much cleaner in visual design than the ram mount option IMHO. Bulletproof uses the same mount design as 67 designs.

Antwon412

Yes, 67 is great. I was thinking they were a bit more than I wanted to spend but....
Pay once, cry once.

One of the PW build threads (might even be this one. Hard to keep track!) has the 67 mounts and it is sweet. That user is actually the one to let me know about Bulletproof.

UglyViking

Everyones financials are different so I can't speak for anyone but myself. That said, the fit and finish of the 67 designs stuff is great. They were also the originators of the design (metal, dual friction "grippers" vs the single ram mount style) and lastly they are made in the USA. So I wanted to support that. Bulletproof is a great alternative if you're ok with it being a "knock off" and made in China. I've got plenty of made in China stuff but if I can support my neighbor over the guy across the pond I will. YMMV

St8ton

Reworked the suspension with AirRide 5000 bags. I can now adjust the ride height, level the load and account for the camper or whatever else may be pulled.
zYvgT1xl.jpg

Plumbed the air lines to the rear bumper area and I just manually fill them as needed with my battery/12V Dewalt portable compressor. It has a digital readout so I can dial in the ~exact~ amount of pressure.
uSXGJoKl.jpg

Added the Thuren 1.5" Front Springs with Fox 2.0 Shocks with the Thuren tune.
NakTaRXm.jpg

Added the Thuren rear trackbar along with a 1" coil spacer to level out the rear. Along with the Hellwig Rear Sway bar and adjustable links. This made a huge difference in rocking and swaying in the truck. I did the rear trackbar first and drove it a week with just it installed. The trackbar alone made a great deal of difference...and then adding the sway bar and links...the ride really is amazing now. Stable in corners at speeds I shouldn't hit them in and the boat rocking after hitting bumps is all but gone. And this is with 5psi (the minimum) in the rear bags. Something of note, the sway bar has 3 points of tension adjustment along with the links being adjustable.
jTK7m8v.jpg

Check out the size difference in the Hellwig links vs. stock links.
urlZqOwl.jpg

St8ton

I assume this blocks your rear cam. Did you buy the camera add on?
I did my own camera addition. You can see it off to the left above the license plate. Added a plate light as well.
I left the factory camera in the factory location, just added another. One wire disconnect and the Rigd carrier can be taken off and all is back to stock.

UglyViking

I did my own camera addition. You can see it off to the left above the license plate. Added a plate light as well.
I left the factory camera in the factory location, just added another. One wire disconnect and the Rigd carrier can be taken off and all is back to stock.

Sorry to hit you with all these questions. I'm actively debating between this and a tire in the bed so this is top of mind.

I see the cam now, when you toss it in reverse do you see that camera on the center console? I don't know if you have the 360 cam (looks like you do) does this impact that 360 cam setup? I find its a great setup for reverse parking and such.

St8ton

I do have the 360* system. It functions as factory intended with the exception of being off-centered and lower. A portion of the tire does show up in the backup camera but it's not enough for me to care. YRMV.
*You'll also lose your parking sensors with the Rigd carrier.

chet6.7

Explorer
NakTaRXm.jpg
Added the Thuren rear trackbar along with a 1" coil spacer to level out the rear. Along with the Hellwig Rear Sway bar and adjustable links.
jTK7m8v.jpg

urlZqOwl.jpg
Nice,I have the Thuren TB and the Hellwig RSB as well.What brand was the rear coil spacer, I am thinking of doing the same mod.Thanks.

HeliNomad

Adventurer
Reworked the suspension with AirRide 5000 bags. I can now adjust the ride height, level the load and account for the camper or whatever else may be pulled.
zYvgT1xl.jpg

Plumbed the air lines to the rear bumper area and I just manually fill them as needed with my battery/12V Dewalt portable compressor. It has a digital readout so I can dial in the ~exact~ amount of pressure.
uSXGJoKl.jpg

Added the Thuren 1.5" Front Springs with Fox 2.0 Shocks with the Thuren tune.
NakTaRXm.jpg

Added the Thuren rear trackbar along with a 1" coil spacer to level out the rear. Along with the Hellwig Rear Sway bar and adjustable links. This made a huge difference in rocking and swaying in the truck. I did the rear trackbar first and drove it a week with just it installed. The trackbar alone made a great deal of difference...and then adding the sway bar and links...the ride really is amazing now. Stable in corners at speeds I shouldn't hit them in and the boat rocking after hitting bumps is all but gone. And this is with 5psi (the minimum) in the rear bags. Something of note, the sway bar has 3 points of tension adjustment along with the links being adjustable.
jTK7m8v.jpg

Check out the size difference in the Hellwig links vs. stock links.
urlZqOwl.jpg

How is articulation affected by the airbags?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94