The Tundra Supertool

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
No! They have tried everything. When they called Toyota to get help,Toyota was aware of this issue, but does not admit fault. I was going to pull the fuse, but it is all part of a fusable link, that controls the HVAC. I need to get underneath and disconnect a sensor to cause the system to stop working for now. Dances with Wolves where are you in the basin? My brother is a district court judge living in Roosevelt.

Dances with Wolves

aka jk240sx
I'm in Roosevelt, been here 7 years. We're looking to move in the near future. Being an oilfield town, it's boom or bust, and it's been mostly the latter in our time here. Besides, there so much of the west to see and experience. I'd like to get to Oregon. I may know your brother since it's a small town. I pass through Price quite often on the way to Moab, Grand Junction, and points south. My wife was looking at a job at the hospital in Price but the money wasn't there.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
On the ABS topic, I tried unplugging the rear ABS harness, and that did not work, because the sensors are also speed sensors. I also unplugged it where both rear sensors come together. I had no ABS, but also no speedometer or odometer. I had to plug it back in. Maybe I can disconnect just one ABS sensor to shut off the system.

Last edited:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
That is just such a clean looking, classy Tundra... Not too over the top but just PERFECT looking on those wheels/tires. That is SUCH a great platform, great combo of size/capacity and "compactness" vs typical "full-size" pickups. Had I not gone the direction I did with my new rig I think a 1st Gen Tundra would have made me VERY happy. Great truck mate and looks like you've done some very "smart" mods to her aye.

Cheers

Dave

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
There should be a relay in the fuse box under the hood. Pull that and the ABS will be non functional
According to the owner's manual, there are two fuses in the fuse box that control the ABS, however that is not the case when opened. My mechanic did a search for me to discover that several different functions shared the larger fused link. I will try my Google **** the see if there is a relay.

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
It's these two. I had mine pulled for about a year. Didn't notice anything but ABS not working. ABS light was on the whole time but everything else worked just fine.
51fc61447b5e478de1651cbf39313ad4.jpg

dc8a47f6c27bfb6e246798727f073880.jpg

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
My owners manual shows two different fuse boxes one for the access cab and one for the double cab. I wish it was as easy as yours. It shows that fuses 61 and 66 control my ABS. When I opened the fuse box to remove one of the fuses low and behold there were no fuses in the end of my fuse box as pictured. There is a large fusable link there that is in place of all the fuses pictured.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    521.9 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
One other thing I did to my truck before our Alaska trip was a vinyl hood center black-out. My neighbor has a sign company and made it for me. It is not perfect, but probably 90%.

Sorry about the photo, I used my Ipad to speed up the process.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
That is just such a clean looking, classy Tundra... Not too over the top but just PERFECT looking on those wheels/tires. That is SUCH a great platform, great combo of size/capacity and "compactness" vs typical "full-size" pickups. Had I not gone the direction I did with my new rig I think a 1st Gen Tundra would have made me VERY happy. Great truck mate and looks like you've done some very "smart" mods to her aye.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for getting my build. If I could just get the ABS situation under control I'd be extremely happy.

Last edited:

rickashay

Explorer
Nice I like the center hood blackout! Was debating on doing it myself.

All this abs talk has me thinking. Mine recently started acting up. I'll go to hit the brakes when travelling slow and occasionally the abs pump will kick in and the brake pedal feel will soften momentarily. Best way I can describe it anyway...

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Nice I like the center hood blackout! Was debating on doing it myself.

All this abs talk has me thinking. Mine recently started acting up. I'll go to hit the brakes when travelling slow and occasionally the abs pump will kick in and the brake pedal feel will soften momentarily. Best way I can describe it anyway...

When coming up to an intersection, just before I stop completely my ABS pump comes on the brakes pull slightly to the left as the brake pedal gets soft and pulsates. This is happening more than half of the time I come to a stop.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles