The Triple Threat Grand Cherokee (2003 WJ)

theksmith

Explorer
hit 200k last week, already added well over another 1k this past weekend while doing Hole in the Rock Trail.

1008150213a.jpg

theksmith

Explorer
"Frontend Refresh" - customized 2004 WJ grille 1/4" perforated aluminum on new 04 header panel, Morimoto XB HID 35watt kit from The Retrofit Source Inc. in SPYDER AUTO headlamps (for now, true retrofit one day), HELLA twin supertone horns (re-located), custom angry eyes using 3M 1080 vinyl wrap, new switchback turn signals and white running-light LEDs, front corner sheetmetal trimmed.

full writeup here: http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4463

IMG_7599.JPG

AGR

"Frontend Refresh" - customized 2004 WJ grille 1/4" perforated aluminum on new 04 header panel, Morimoto XB HID 35watt kit from The Retrofit Source Inc. in SPYDER AUTO headlamps (for now, true retrofit one day), HELLA twin supertone horns (re-located), custom angry eyes using 3M 1080 vinyl wrap, new switchback turn signals and white running-light LEDs, front corner sheetmetal trimmed.

full writeup here: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Looks great! I've been following your build for some time and I have to say, I am impressed! Keep up the good work!

Quick question: How did you deal with the hyper-active flashers after you made the switch to LED?

I've been trying to source a LED compatible relay, but haven't been able to find one.

theksmith

Explorer
Looks great! I've been following your build for some time and I have to say, I am impressed! Keep up the good work!

Quick question: How did you deal with the hyper-active flashers after you made the switch to LED?

I've been trying to source a LED compatible relay, but haven't been able to find one.

thanks!

i simply installed some of the heavy duty resistors meant for that purpose. i put them in the taillight harness since it was easy to get to. one resistor per side took care of having LED bulbs in the front and back.

ak_cowboy

Observer
Nice rig! I've got an 04 WJ that is more of a DD/Camp rig, but yours certainly provides a lot of inspiration! Can't believe you still don't have a front bumper though lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior