The TARDIS - A Four Wheel Camper Build

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Here is one of those simple solutions that is so great, and you wish you had thought of it yourself.

ski3pin over on WTW came up with this.

Perfect! I am going to have the Thule tracks installed, but I did not want a rack up there all the time as the added weight of the crossbars is substantial. If I can cut the weight by two thirds then I can see keeping a set of bars mounted on the roof. Now, if I can find some square aluminum tubing to match the Thule bars I can stick with my preferred brand, and reuse the mounts from the topper. Cool!

Overland... I love when fixes like the one mentioned above work like that. Nice work on your build! Looking forward to seeing it in action!
Also, Thanks for keeping me up WAY too late Reading Pauls Complete build thread! haha Quite an AWESOME Build! :Wow1: Thanks for posting.
Cheers,
Paul

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Overland... I love when fixes like the one mentioned above work like that.

Yeah, that is such a great solution.

Nice work on your build! Looking forward to seeing it in action!

My order goes in this weekend!

Also, Thanks for keeping me up WAY too late Reading Pauls Complete build thread! haha Quite an AWESOME Build! :Wow1: Thanks for posting.
Tell me about it, that is one impressive build.

Cheers,
Paul

It is Friday night, Cheers to you as well.

WASURF63

Adventurer
My order goes in this weekend!

It's about time, Hadley! :wings:

This entire thread has pushed me over the edge to the point that I sold my previous set-up, bought a 1st gen Tundra, and plan to get a FWC "shell" model and build it out also. Thanks for the inspiration (I think?)
Looking forward to pics and a continuation of this thread.

Cheers, Walt

Overland Hadley

on a journey
It's about time, Hadley! :wings:

This entire thread has pushed me over the edge to the point that I sold my previous set-up, bought a 1st gen Tundra, and plan to get a FWC "shell" model and build it out also. Thanks for the inspiration (I think?)
Looking forward to pics and a continuation of this thread.

Cheers, Walt

My order is in! This thread is only just beginning.... :)

Overland Hadley

on a journey
WHAT? Finally!!!

Way cool, looking forward to seeing your build. Have been following with interest, along with printing out various pages for future reference!

I know! Almost two years from decision to placing order.

Glad you have found some of my ramblings useful.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Eagle Shell, arctic pack, screen door, full length rack tracks.... (The rest I am saving to share with you guys when I pick up the camper.) :ylsmoke:

Cool ! Looking forward to the surprises.
Very glad for you ! ! !

Maybe Stan can post photos of the construction (hint, hint) ;)

Overland Hadley

on a journey
tumblr_lpf263d2IB1qzwmss

WASURF63

Adventurer
There's a 10-page article in SurfersJournal (vol.19 #5) about the guy that built that. He bought the car for $200 and built the rest from salvaged materials for another $300. It also has a stove and a built in cooler. He drove it from CA to Nova Scotia and back on a surf trip amoung other travels. More proof that you don't need much to get out and roam the world in search of adventure...

Overland Hadley

on a journey
There's a 10-page article in SurfersJournal (vol.19 #5) about the guy that built that. He bought the car for $200 and built the rest from salvaged materials for another $300. It also has a stove and a built in cooler. He drove it from CA to Nova Scotia and back on a surf trip amoung other travels. More proof that you don't need much to get out and roam the world in search of adventure...

Really, well isn't that interesting.

(As a kid I always wanted a CRX.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles