The TARDIS - A Four Wheel Camper Build

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
We use a few of these lights and they're good and bright. Plus they take AAA Batteries and we just keep a few set of Sanyo Eneloops around which are rechargeable and don't lose their charge while stored. Being that they're LED, they'll last for at least a month of daily use on just the AAA's

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Hi Pat,

You have had good luck with the Eneloops? The online reviews look good, and I would like to stop throwing away my used batteries.
Mine seem to work well, and the form factor for the charger is good. I was able to get my sets at Costco at a good price.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Hi Pat,

You have had good luck with the Eneloops? The online reviews look good, and I would like to stop throwing away my used batteries.

They work great. They are true to hold the charge while sitting in the case for long periods of time without being used which was a major issue for our other rechargeables that would just loose power when sitting dormant. They have good power, and if you're needing C or D sized batteries for other devices, they sell cases that the AA's slide into that make them C and D sized batteries.

We've since switched solely to these and are very happy with them. Good to know you can find them at Costco. I didn't know that!

Overland Hadley

on a journey
USB outlet

Ordered a couple of these, Blue Sea Systems 2.1A USB outlet.

44767__43378_zoom.gif

From Amazon

Last edited:

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
I am worried you’re becoming addicted to aluminum – you’re not licking the stuff are you? - cause that's real bad !!

That made me laugh!!

I've never let the Eneloops sit for 3 years to test them, but I do have 3 sets sitting in my camera bag that I use for our flashes. When we used to use just normal rechargeables, I'd have to be sure and put them back on the charger right before a shoot so they'd have power as they'd lose their charge while sitting. With the Eneloops, I can let them sit for months and know that when I need the backup sets, they'll be charged. Good security for shooting!!

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
$22 + $14 shipping comes to $36, and that's if no one else bids on the auction. The Amazon $40 price isn't so bad as they typically ship free.

Good point, I didn't pay attention to the shipping, I'd prefer to buy from Amazon anyway.

Three cheers for eneloops and licking aluminum ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior