The Swisha Loop - 800km Track in the Southwest of Quebec

207T4R

Myself and four other member of Northeast Overland (based in Maine) ran the Swisha Loop in southwestern Quebec over Labor Day Weekend. We did the loop in three days and with a travel day on each end of the trip. The track isn't technically challenging but very fun nonetheless! I produced a video for our trip which has a lot more detail on the trip itself. It can be seen here:

My favorite shot from the trip:
4runner airstrip LQ.jpg

ravinerat

nice report and video. Northern Que has some great stuff to explore. Been up the James Bay rd which not challenging but through some great wilderness. There are a ton of logging roads to run south of Val'Dor but the possibilities are endless in the Province. I do most of my exploring on a motorcycle but want to start out fitting my truck.

J!m

That’s a great area. I’ve been up to Baie James (toured the hydro plant too) in winter and Gaspe Peninsula before in summer and that is beautiful country.

I’d be very keen to combine that scenery with high level technical roads, which those logging roads would probably offer in late summer /fall time frame after the rain... any detail on the logging roads?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94