The Super Camper + The Super Trailer - Blue Collar Earthroamer

West Coast Mags

Adventurer
DSC02833.jpg

The Blue Collar Earth Roamer 1998 Dodge 2500 4x4, Cummins turbo diesel, utility bed, 8.5' hard side truck camper with a custom matching utility trailer. I started this project about two years ago, completed my big adventure, now listing for sale to invest in my business. Located in Phoenix or Prescott, Arizona

Truck:
1998 Dodge 2500 4x4
Bullet Proof 5.9 liter Cummins turbo diesel
Desirable inline P pump all mechanical no computers
Magnaflow full stainless turbo back exhaust system
200k miles
Automatic transmission
Dana 60 front axle, coil springs, 4.56 gears
Dana 70 rear axle, leaf springs, 4.56 gears, Detroit locker
Rancho RS9000 nine way adjustable shocks
Timbren ride control system on rear axle
Full synthetic fluids in everything
Harbor body utility service bed
A/C and everything works as intended
Ranch Hand steel platform front bumper
315/75/16 BFG Allterrains, 80% tread
16x8 American Racing 767 black steel wheels
Dual Optima red top batteries
Recent service work and full service history
8.5” hardside truck camper, modified to fit in utility bed
New twin fantastic fan roof vents,
110v A/C unit on roof
Propane heat, propane stove
Dometic 3 way fridge
Custom overhead storage and under bed storage
35 gallon fuel tank

Trailer:
M101A1 Military trailer
Knapheid Steel utility shell
Flip out side doors and rear doors with struts
New locks in shell
3500lb conventional trailer axle, 8 lug pattern, runs same wheels and tires as the truck
315/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler MTRs 50% tread
16x8 US Steel steel wheels

Just finished an 8,000 mile road trip, saw everything I wanted to see, now have to get back to business for the next few years. Depending on terrain the truck and trailer combo averaged 13.5mpg in the mountains to best of 16mpg in the flat lands. Living systems in the camper still need some finishing, I was limited to the dates for my adventure so there are still some items to attend to, but all of the hard work is done, and my trip was enjoyable and successful. This was a stock truck that lived its entire life in Yuma, AZ so it is 100% rust free, I have done all the work to this myself and can discuss in details its features and construction. $20,000 for the truck and trailer combo, would consider selling the trailer or camper separate. I own everything outright so might consider trade + cash. Email is best, reach me at: westcoastmags@gmail.com

DSC02780.jpg

DSC02963.jpg

DSC02781.jpg

DSC03183.jpg

DSC02782.jpg

DSC02865.jpg

DSC02779.jpg

DSC03008.jpg

DSC03032.jpg

DSC02817.jpg

Last edited:

Flagster

Expedition Leader
WOW...that is a sweet combo deal...I would love to have the space to keep this for a bike racing basecamp...looks like that trailer would hold quite a few bikes...
Just wondering what kinda trades would you be willing to consider...? Trucks?...Motos?...

West Coast Mags

Adventurer
I can work on getting some interior pics. I use the trailer for many uses, would sell the trailer for $2000. I do not have anything in particular that I am looking for. Thanks to all for the compliments, all PMs have been replied to.

Very nice setup! That truck is nearly bomb proof! Looks really clean on the outside too. Here in MN that truck would look like Swiss cheese by now... Good luck with the sale.

West Coast Mags

Adventurer
Interior Photos as requested. These are from when I first acquired the camper unit. The A/C unit has its own power cord so you can plug in and operate seperately from the camper unit.

NX650025.jpg

NX650026.jpg

NX650024.jpg

NX650026.jpg

NX650028.jpg

NX650030.jpg

ExpoMike

I would typcially agree BUT this is a Cummins powered Dodge = more $$$, plus a service body = $$$, plus a custom fit camper = $$$. Heck I just bought a '97 Cummins powered Dodge and a FWC and spent $14K between them and that's with no extras. Price is not out of line for what you are getting. If it was just the truck only, heck ya. YMMV

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
$18000 sounds quite high for a 98 Dodge! Maybe Ford or Chevy but even then mileage better be under 100k!

98 Dodge with a P-pump twelve valve cummins is a very rare bird, especially with the quad cab package. I would have to say its not a bad deal, 20k for the whole package.

TRACTION

Adventurer
Good luck with the sale. Looks like a great setup.

Mind if I ask where you got the 3500lb/8 lug axle? I'm looking for one for my M101A2.

zimm

Expedition Leader
he must be coming over with allot of stuff... cause that is one serious stuff haulin' setup.

zonker

Adventurer
Trailer Interest

Let me know if the deal does not materialize. I definitely might be interested in the trailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles