The Story of GnaRV aka “A Series of Expensive Unfortunate Events”

nobodyhome

Adventurer
[URL=http://s72.photobucket.com/user/acheateaux/media/All%20things%20travel/The%20GnaRV/11804ED9-49BB-49A6-A40D-DA171A611304.jpg.html said:
11804ED9-49BB-49A6-A40D-DA171A611304.jpg
[/URL]
The helmet was the only thing I had at the time with safety glasses. The flip flops are absolutely OSHA compliant footwear...

HOLY CRAP this picture made me actually laugh out loud... now everyone at work knows I'm not actually working hahahahha
Love the thread; you make funny haha words on page like me wishes I could do..me like. Thanks for sharing.

Acheateaux

Adventurer
And last but not least, I find myself having more and more conversations (usually drunk) about what my van means to me. I can't help but feel like Cap'n Jack Sparrow talking about "what a ship IS"...
5ebdba894e61617c1d700dfadea083db.jpg

JBoles

What up from Tennessee

Cheateaux,

I just happened upon your thread today and was blown away by the similarities to my van and some other details. Quite an entertaining read as well. The flip flops cutting off the top was a nice touch. I've got an '06 E350 I'm building out as well and my thread is over on the sportsmobileforum.com site. You can check it out here if you're interested: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...-family-adventure-van-build-thread-14849.html

My van is an extended body, window van with a high top. The top came on my mine though. My son is about three now so I feel you on building out a van for adventure and also keeping room for the little ones. My layout is a bit different but the objectives are quite similar. We are whitewater people for the most part, living in the southeast, in Chattanooga, TN. So we adventure all over around there chasing rain and damn releases. But we also mountain bike, raft, canoe, trail run, etc. You know the drill. We don't ski or surf as much as we'd like being here in the SE but we get our trips in when we can.

Anyway, just thought I'd say what up and let you know you know your adventure van is bada$$.

Peace out,
Justin

Acheateaux

Adventurer
Cheateaux,

I just happened upon your thread today and was blown away by the similarities to my van and some other details. Quite an entertaining read as well. The flip flops cutting off the top was a nice touch. I've got an '06 E350 I'm building out as well and my thread is over on the sportsmobileforum.com site. You can check it out here if you're interested: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...-family-adventure-van-build-thread-14849.html

My van is an extended body, window van with a high top. The top came on my mine though. My son is about three now so I feel you on building out a van for adventure and also keeping room for the little ones. My layout is a bit different but the objectives are quite similar. We are whitewater people for the most part, living in the southeast, in Chattanooga, TN. So we adventure all over around there chasing rain and damn releases. But we also mountain bike, raft, canoe, trail run, etc. You know the drill. We don't ski or surf as much as we'd like being here in the SE but we get our trips in when we can.

Anyway, just thought I'd say what up and let you know you know your adventure van is bada$$.

Peace out,
Justin

Nice work. Its always fun balancing wants vs needs heh?

Jb1rd

Explorer
YO! How's your summer treating you? I'm back in the van game and the new beast looks to need a trip to see Ramsey at Agile in San Dog to dial in the RIP Kit that the PO installed.(also code for a Baja surf adventure) Anywho, hope all is well!

Oh yeah forgot to ad; The river was a harsh mistress this season, hoping for some redemption :snorkel:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles