The scariest thing on three wheels

Scott Brady

Founder
At least you will die with a smile on your face. . .

ural_.jpg

Look for a complete review in the next few days.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Jimmy Buffet said it best,

something to the effect of..."I'd rather die while I'm living, than live while I'm dead!"

Hacks are starting to really look appealing, especially seeing that I want to take the Missuz with me more often.

zimm

Expedition Leader
i love those things, always have.

what was the scary part? the thought of taking it to south america with the russian build quality?

with the side car, you could have enough room to pack a spare bike in there. :)

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
My son calls this the "Indiana Jones bike". Every time he sees one like it he wants us to buy it. Nice looking bike!!

Andy G

Adventurer
I just sold my 2007 Ural GearUp in Arctic camo. I took that thing up the Dempster Highway back in 2008, solo, above the Arctic Circle.

The ONLY issue I ever had with it? The turn signal flasher (ironically one of the only American made parts on the bike) failed and had to be replaced.

Ride the he!! out of it, and enjoy it!!!
Spicy

chrslefty

Observer
uhmmmmm............review ?

Been chomping at the bit to see what you had to say about them.
The Sahara has been the screen saver on my puter at work for the last couple of weeks. Which has lead to some interesting conversations at work with the other bike guys and my girl freind. So ..
My lady friend and I went and check these out the other day at a shop in Mesa. I was amazed at how big the side car was. I’m not a small person by any means 6, 4 280 ish and I fit inside of it. The owner of the shop had a really cool looking one in grey camo, it had a big beach cruiser seat, extended shifters and an aftermarket exhaust that sounded sweet. The tech there was real nice about telling us all he knew about them and how they set them up when they first get them in.
Anyways my lady is really set on one and I was just wondering how it went for you. I’ve read that they have some interesting handling characteristics. But we think that it would be a lot of fun to do some road trips and light camping with. She kept muttering something about rat fink and a crazy hat.
So let’s hear it! what was the verdict?

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Woody stopped by -

yesterday and picked up a motorized bike I built a couple years ago. We talked bikes, M/Cs, and hacks. I brought up the Ural. He said he has had to rebuild a lot of Ural wheels because the rims aren't that great. Has anyone had that problem? Other than that, I haven't heard anything seriously wrong with these bikes.:bike_rider:

Scott Brady

Founder
I am still working on the review, but am going into SEMA mode. It might be a few more weeks.

It is a very fun machine, but nothing like you would expect or want, performance-wise ;)

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
OMG! Can I bring my helmet down Friday? Just a quick little round the block?

Do I :bike_rider: or :smiley_drive: it?

-H-

Andy G

Adventurer
yesterday and picked up a motorized bike I built a couple years ago. We talked bikes, M/Cs, and hacks. I brought up the Ural. He said he has had to rebuild a lot of Ural wheels because the rims aren't that great. Has anyone had that problem? Other than that, I haven't heard anything seriously wrong with these bikes.:bike_rider:

I had ZERO problems with mine. Nada. Zip. Zilch. And I rode the he!! out of it.

I miss it...:bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier