The Rogue Overland 2012 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X Build

Rogue Overland

I would love to see some more detailed shots of your rear storage system if you have any?

Here is the current rear storage setup I build for it. I used all cabinet grade birch finished with automotive carpet and aluminum edge protection , the fridge is on an arb slide, the on-board air is plummed to the top right of the fridge box. Two front runner wold packs sit on top of the fridge box in slots I made for the boxes. On the left I install a sliding panel under the shelf that pulls out a couple feet on HD drawer slides that can be used for cooking on etc.. You can also store 2 more front runner wolf packs on the shelf, I only have the one in the picture. I also have a molle window panel back there for additional gear storage. I will take some more later to show the water storage and edison power strip on the back side. The nice part with this is I have full use of my rear seats still with a bulk of the gear fitting in the hatch area.

i-G4Nwwq5-L.jpg

Airmapper

Inactive Member
The nice part with this is I have full use of my rear seats still with a bulk of the gear fitting in the hatch area.

Nice setup. As time goes on I get more and more focused on efficent space use, I don't carry passengers often, but seems like once those back seats drop you've lost the struggle. I think that is the holy grail of camping with an X, if you can be loaded to go and still see the back seat, you are doing well. I don't think most people realize how small an Xterra's rear cargo area is when you get this big SUV impression looking at it from the outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles