The Re-designed 2014 Range Rover Sport

stonepa

Observer
Finally - a Range Rover Sport I would actually buy as a daily driver. Who would actually drive one off road anyway?

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Finally - a Range Rover Sport I would actually buy as a daily driver. Who would actually drive one off road anyway?

You mean this new version, or the previous? Here in SoCal, there are lots of RRS's that get on the trail
IMG_9939-M.jpg

PhyrraM

Adventurer
Correct me if I read something wrong, but more articulation, higher off-road height, and less weight should mean BETTER off-road manners as long as you choose one with low-range. (Also the mandatory-on-all-modern-Rovers wheel/tire change).

khronus79

Adventurer
Also, longer wheelbase(7 inches) which should decrease breakover angles. I think I saw 22's on the truck in autoblog, I might be wrong though.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
I am very excited about this, be on the lookout for a "Dynamic" version, or "Sport R" version with the 543hp or 550hp engine from the Jaguar lineup.

Land Rover is going right for the throat of its two main competitors in this class... the Cayenne and the X5.

rijosho

Adventurer
I went to the official launch last night. 3rd row seat is great if you don't have any legs. The same goes for the 2nd row, too. The front row is nice though...from the driver's side. The passenger's side is just a long slab of leather that was already filthy by the end of the night. The drinks were awesome though.

Attachments

• IMG_6409[1].jpg
    IMG_6409[1].jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6408[1].jpg
    IMG_6408[1].jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6392[1].jpg
    IMG_6392[1].jpg
    541.8 KB · Views: 4

rijosho

Adventurer
more

Attachments

• IMG_6468[1].jpg
    IMG_6468[1].jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6481[1].jpg
    IMG_6481[1].jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6474[1].jpg
    IMG_6474[1].jpg
    520 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6473[1].jpg
    IMG_6473[1].jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6470[1].jpg
    IMG_6470[1].jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6480[1].jpg
    IMG_6480[1].jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6448[1].jpg
    IMG_6448[1].jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6475[1].jpg
    IMG_6475[1].jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 5

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Boy that shot of the 2nd row seating surprises me. I would have thought the 7" of extra wheelbase would materialize into more legroom. It actually looks like less than the current model!

Eniam17

Adventurer
I am very excited about this, be on the lookout for a "Dynamic" version, or "Sport R" version with the 543hp or 550hp engine from the Jaguar lineup.

Land Rover is going right for the throat of its two main competitors in this class... the Cayenne and the X5.

I agree, I like it too. They're continuing to move the Sport in it's own direction but I think this looks like a great vehicle given what they are trying to do. The rear +2 seats are basically for the few times a year you need to throw a few extra people in the car in my opinion. Someone who needs true 7 seating frequently should look at a Disco4.

There are some interesting options and configurations on the LR website too.

m3 bavaria

Adventurer
Frankly, I think the original Sport was a leap forward in design much like the original Range Rover. This new design is just disgusting in my eyes. It's tragic what has happened since Tata took over the company...

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Frankly, I think the original Sport was a leap forward in design much like the original Range Rover. This new design is just disgusting in my eyes. It's tragic what has happened since Tata took over the company...

What is tragic about it exactly?

Eniam17

Adventurer
Tragic that the brand is no longer bankrupt and on the verge of going under?
Tragic that sales have been increasing all over the world?
Tragic that reliability has improved exponentially?
Tragic that each new model continues to be more capable on road and off than it's predecessor?
Granted, the new Defender will say a lot about the identify of the brand and where it's heading, but I don't think "tragic" is even close to accurate.

oradba69

Observer
Tragic that the brand is no longer bankrupt and on the verge of going under?
Tragic that sales have been increasing all over the world?
Tragic that reliability has improved exponentially?
Tragic that each new model continues to be more capable on road and off than it's predecessor?
Granted, the new Defender will say a lot about the identify of the brand and where it's heading, but I don't think "tragic" is even close to accurate.
+1000 best thing that ever happened to LR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94