The Perfect Brew........!

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

Ghost65

Allergic to Pavement
syheny8e.jpg

This...Beaver's Milk Stout...closest thing to alcohol flavored Yoohoo on the market...did I mention that it's smooooth?

Shiner Bock if I'm eating spicy.

Coors light if the noisy neighbor stops by.

Sent from Planet Claire using Tapatalk

TravelTacoma

Observer
The Perfect Brew?

Just found my new favorite brew ever. My brother-in-law introduced Gulden Draak, a Belgium ale, to me in front of a campfire on a cool night outside of Joshua Tree NP about a month ago. Granted, I almost choked when I went to Total Wine and paid $18.99 (!!!) for a FOUR pack after that, but it has to be the best beer I have ever had the privilege to drink. It was oh so satisfying after biking forty miles in McDowell a couple of Saturdays ago that it was absolutely worth the cost. It should be mandatory for everyone to try it once, it is that good!

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
If you haven't you should...

I had that last year when I lived up in Montana. Now I'm back down in lame-o beer-less Nebraska (except for buttweiser) and boy was I surprised to find a place with sixers of Red Chair! I stocked up enough to get me through the summer.

REMOTEPLACES

Adventurer
I had that last year when I lived up in Montana. Now I'm back down in lame-o beer-less Nebraska (except for buttweiser) and boy was I surprised to find a place with sixers of Red Chair! I stocked up enough to get me through the summer.

Sorry to hear you only have Buttwiper in those parts, its just not right! Once you've had real beer its hard to drink that piss. I live in the land of plenty here in Bend, OR....this places spoils you in so many ways. I took a road trip through Montana last summer and had Moose Drool for the first time...purdy darn tasty too.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
We do have some good beer here, its just expensive. I'm used to paying $7 for Moose Drool but its $11 here, and there isn't a can of Cold Smoke to be found 'round these parts. And Dead Guy was a buck a bottle by the case up there. Here...$14.99 a sixer. I've been homebrewing though so that makes up for the lack of anything worth while.

DaveNay

Adventurer
I can't drink an IPA at all...one drink gives me heartburn for a day.

My everyday fridge beer is:

yuengling2.jpg

And a great campfire beer is:

wychwood-king-goblin.jpg

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
uploadfromtaptalk1397856054669.jpg
Just had this last night. Really good. Creamy mouthfeel, big coffe flavors, and a bit of hoppy bitterness at the end.

Bt the way, if you're so inclined, my wife and I tweet out beer/wine stuff from time to time at @TheCorkAndCap.

Ramjet

Explorer
Overland Expo Brew Tasting

So, while everyone is probably consuming their favorite brew at the moment and enjoying a beautiful day, I was struck with the idea of a wonderful gathering. While most of you are admiring all things involving Barley, malt, and hops, I came up with an idea for the OEX. We all have our favorites when it comes to the hop, I thought maybe we could all share in our enjoyment of the local variety by bring some to OEX. What I mean by local is this, it can't be distributed outside your local area. It should be a brew that most people don't get to enjoy, unless they are visiting your local. I.e. I love Laughing Lab from Bristol Brewing in CO Springs. That malty caramel taste with a hint of licorice is intoxicating, but, I can't even get close to enjoying it unless I drive to CO and buy it. That is what I mean, but most of you know that. So without further adou, if you would like to participate, just say I'm in, and bring what you like to enjoy of your local brew. Sometime during the show we should all meet up and pass around a few brews and try something different. I will be in the FJ Cruiser area, I have a 2008 White Trail Teams with a Foxwing awning. Stop by and I will share with you what I hold near and dear to my heart as my favorite. Thanks.

Factoid

Three criminal heroes
:friday:

darth-vader-bock.jpg

Shiner Bock.

Because it's the only good thing that comes out of Texas :O On another note, there's just something about a bitterly cold Pacifico w/ lime on a dirty hot beach.

Right there on the first page of this long thread was the correct answer (although I disagree with the second part as my wife came “out of Texas”). She drinks the Blonde, I drink the high test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles