The Perfect Brew........!

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

jpachard

Adventurer
Rant On
Basically any beer that does not have “IPA” in the name. IPAs have turned into ludicrous hoppy messes and everyone and their cousin is making them. I tried one of the recent “489 minute-dry hopped-extra hopped-hip-hopped-session hopped ipa’s from(insert local brewery name here) at a local bar and it was like inhaling silt dust from Baja. I just don’t get the appeal.

Rant Off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NevadaLover

Forking Icehole
Rant On
Basically any beer that does not have “IPA” in the name. IPAs have turned into ludicrous hoppy messes and everyone and their cousin is making them. I tried one of the recent “489 minute-dry hopped-extra hopped-hip-hopped-session hopped ipa’s from(insert local brewery name here) at a local bar and it was like inhaling silt dust from Baja. I just don’t get the appeal.

Rant Off.

I agree completely, the whole nation has jumped on the IPA bandwagon, one has to look hard to find a bar or restaurant that serves anything non-IPA, unless it is the light beer swill, thank gawd the local bowling alley still serves Guinness on tap!

Kerensky97

Xterra101
Hops are kind of like adding some hot sauce to your food. Adding a little is great and can really improve the flavor of the food it was added to, but some people are just interested in bragging how hot of food they can handle. Eventually it overwhelms the food completely, why bother even putting it on food, just drink it straight out of the bottle.

Hops are the same. People love to brag about how hoppy their beer is. But why bother putting it in beer at that point when it eliminates all other flavor? You can't taste anything else, just buy hop pellets and brew them like tea if that's all you want to taste.

Smileyshaun

Observer
wanderlust ipa by breakside brewing.
blood orange ipa by payette brewing.
any of the milkshake ipa by riverside brewing.
hammerhead, terminator and sunflower ipa by mcmenamins.
Arrogant bastard ale , brutal but has the best label.

ARROGANT BASTARD ALE
You're not worthy
ALC/VOL
7.2%
ArrogantBastard
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory—maybe something with a multimillion-dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it’s made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beer will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multimillion-dollar ad campaigns make a beer taste better. Perhaps you’re mouthing your words as you read this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz