THE OZ-TENT TRANSPORT BOX FROM ALUBOX

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Great idea. I always thought a drawback of the Oztent was its size and having to carry it on the roof exposed to the elements.

I wonder if @EquiptExpOutfitters is going to get these?

krick3tt

Adventurer
Interesting. Couldn't seem to find the price but I guess, based on their other items, that it is astronomical. The OZ tent bag that comes with it originally is too small so I ordered a bag from Drifta out of Australia that allows for the tent and a few of the aux pieces in one place for about 180.00 Australian. Good bag, made better, less cost than alum. box.

tbisaacs

Adventurer
Meh. There are many cargo roof boxes on the market that will serve the same purpose, for likely 1/3rd of the price.

They didn't think this one through. Lifting a bulky, 55lb Oz Tent on the roof rack is hard enough, but having to also lift it over the wall of the AluBox container? No thanks. They should have made that wall part of the lid, such that the wall lifts up along with the lid, and the tent could be simply rolled in.

100% agree. A proper cargo box is so much more functional. Not to mention that it’s much more aerodynamic than a box. We stuff a tent, 4 bags and sleeping pads and chairs in ours.

3e06ee03616891cb016452ddb76e5b00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
100% agree. A proper cargo box is so much more functional. Not to mention that it’s much more aerodynamic than a box. We stuff a tent, 4 bags and sleeping pads and chairs in ours.

3e06ee03616891cb016452ddb76e5b00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oz Tent ?

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
A Thule box will swallow a RV5, front and side panels, poles, lines, bags, several large canvas ground tarps and two folding chairs With room to spare. Easy to load from the side and never had a problem with its ruggedness.D56C1175-916D-4E09-8BFA-588581936BCD.jpeg

Last edited:

Wilbah

Adventurer
A Thule box will swallow a RV5, front and side panels, poles, lines, bags, several large canvas ground tarps and two folding chairs With room to spare. Easy to load from the side and never had a problem with its ruggedness.View attachment 558304

But it doesn't look as cool as an expedition style aluminum box will.....just sayin'?

I'm sure the Alubox version will be great but I agree if the sides opened it would be much better. And I get the buy once cry once approach. But this seems like overkill for a box to hold a tent. At least IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles