The "other" Westfalia, aka The Nugget...

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
We do have the Transit, fwd. Now, when will it be AWD or 4x4? Probably never unless the wrenchers do it.

I looked at one, you'd really need a pop top, as big as they are they are still small, not a power house either according to a Budwiser sales driver. He didn't know what the mpg was as he didn't care.

It is nice and has possibilities. :)

NorthernWoodsman

Adventurer/tinkerer
We are getting the Transit, so there is a chance of something like this making its way over here. Doubt we will get the proper Westy here though.

Doubt it too. I'd like to think we might get it, but we'll get stuck with some sort of "conversion" van option, not a real Westafalia for camping.

I looked at one, you'd really need a pop top, as big as they are they are still small, not a power house either according to a Budwiser sales driver. He didn't know what the mpg was as he didn't care.

I'm not sure what you looked at or what the Budweiser guy drives, but the new Transit will not only be as big or bigger than the Econoline in most ways, it'll also be more powerful.

Transit Wheel Base= 129.9" or 147.6" Econoline Wheel Base= 138"
Transit Overall height= 83.2", 100.8", or 110.2" Econoline= 82.4", 82.6", 83.6", 83.7", 84.8", 85"
Transit vertical cargo space (110.2" option)= 81.5" Econoline rear cargo door opening= 49.5" (there's only a few more inches above that inside)
Transit width= 98.1" w/mirrors Econoline= 106" w/mirrors
Transit mx. load width= 69.8" Econoline rear door opening width= 53.9" (exterior width w/o mirrors is 79.4". subtract the wall thickness, say a few inches either side. this leaves approximately 76" width of interior room)

"Ford says the largest of the new 2014 Transit models can haul as much cargo as two E-Series models put together."

Motors:

Transit= 3.7L gas V6 (302 HP, 278 lbs./ft. torque -in the F150); 3.5L Ecoboost V6 (365 HP, 420 lbs./ft. torque -in the F150); 3.2L 5cyl. Powerstroke diesel (197 HP, 347 lbs./ft. torque -in the global Ranger)

Econoline= 4.6L V8 (225 HP, 286 lbs./ft/ torque); 5.4L V8 (255 HP, 350 lbs./ft. torque); 6.8L V10 (305 HP, 420 lbs./ft.)

The Transit's gas 3.7L V6 is putting out the same HP as the current 6.8L V10, the Ecoboost is delivering more horsepower than the current V10, and the diesel will be offering HP close to the 4.6 V8 and torque on par with the 5.4 V8.

Flys Lo

Adventurer
We do have the Transit, fwd. Now, when will it be AWD or 4x4? Probably never unless the wrenchers do it.

It is nice and has possibilities. :)
You are thinking of the Transit Connect - very different vehicle than the "Transit", its close in size to the Econoline, and has different powertrain options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94