The Old Wood Hauler: 1983 Toyota 4WD Build/Restoration

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
Have you tried adjusting the clutch pedal linkage? Often, it feels like there's no more clutch left but after threading that adjustment pin in, it works great again. Clutches can last forever (or no time at all, depending on how they were driven).

Derek24

Explorer
Have you tried adjusting the clutch pedal linkage? Often, it feels like there's no more clutch left but after threading that adjustment pin in, it works great again. Clutches can last forever (or no time at all, depending on how they were driven).

I did adjust it and it slips in every gear if I get into the gas. I have to ease into it. It wasn't babied its entire 33 yrs.

Derek24

Explorer
Been crazy past years from getting married to a month later everything that my family collect and possessed burned to ashes in the fire storm here in Sant Rosa last October. In that time its been back and forth helping my parents, dealing with insurance, and trying to get life back on track. I did find a donor 82 2wd Toyota with a mint bed, sat under the redwoods for the past 10 years, everything but the bed was rusted. I swapped my rusted dented bed, and got a nice campershell with it. Took some other odds and ends but that's the major work I've done, not much, but she's still running good. I'm finally back living in modern life, haven't had internet other than my phone for the past two years. I'll be here now with more updates and soon more work on this truck!

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Clutch

<---Pass
Been crazy past years from getting married to a month later everything that my family collect and possessed burned to ashes in the fire storm here in Sant Rosa last October. In that time its been back and forth helping my parents, dealing with insurance, and trying to get life back on track. I did find a donor 82 2wd Toyota with a mint bed, sat under the redwoods for the past 10 years, everything but the bed was rusted. I swapped my rusted dented bed, and got a nice campershell with it. Took some other odds and ends but that's the major work I've done, not much, but she's still running good. I'm finally back living in modern life, haven't had internet other than my phone for the past two years. I'll be here now with more updates and soon more work on this truck!

View attachment 476068View attachment 476069View attachment 476070View attachment 476071View attachment 476072

Damn dude, sounds like you have been to Hell and back. Congrats on the marriage...and sorry for your loose with the fires.

The Old Wood Hauler is looking good!

Bhill_teq

Yearly bump for 83 Pickup goodness! Hopefully life is back on track, and the little Pickup is out raking in the miles and memories. Just scored an 83 myself!

Attachments

• IMG-0019.JPG
    IMG-0019.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG-0018.JPG
    IMG-0018.JPG
    498.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-0022.JPG
    IMG-0022.JPG
    753.1 KB · Views: 15

Forum statistics

Threads