The old gal is being put out to pasture.

kris

Observe
...I remember meeting you in a grocery store parking lot and you hoisting an SM-465 out of my aluminum basket on the rear of my Dodge RAM.

Close, it was the SM-420 sitting next to the Clark 5 speed just outside your garage. ;)

Any updates on the camper front ?
Have any trips planned for this summer ?

k.

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
Kris,
Ah, so it was an SM-420 with the 7.05:1 low gear. At the time, around the turn of the millennium or before, i believe, I was going through a phase of collecting every low geared transmission I could find and finally needed to pare down the stock. To keep them out of Jeanie's purvey, I stored them under a tonneau cover in the bed of my Dodge pickup, and they rolled around en masse, especially the 295 pound cast iron Clark, denting the sheet metal. I still have the Clark 280VO which came out of a Ford F-700, 4WD dump truck with a divorced t. case. It was a rare one as it has an overdrive .80:1 fifth gear and a 5.98:1, 1st gear. I've always thought this would be a good one for older Ford and Dodge truck campers who keep blowing through their automatics.
We are in negotiations now for a NorthStar Laredo SC, for short bed custom camper that has everything we want in a lightweight package.
We don't really do summer in the TC. I'm retired and can pick and choose when we go. We just got back from a trip to Canyonlands, of which I'm making a T.R. with a lot of pix. Here is one short vid of the miles of mud we faced: click to load and open short clip from my dropbox.
jefe

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles