The old 1999 build thread

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Working on the details now, torquing down hardware and getting the new brake lines installed. Didn't get a pic of the brake lines before dark but here are some up close of the driver shock tower. It had to be notched to clear the steering shaft, was a pretty tight fit.
20191020_121835.jpg20191020_121806.jpg20191016_155814.jpg

Swift_45a

Observer
Unghh. :love:

Those willwoods poking out of the TE37 wheel design... gets me every time. Suspension looking very agile and active there despite the stance, Toasty. Looks like a beast ready for the trails.

What V8? From what I recall in the OZ forums it was either a 1UZ out of 1st gen LS400 or a LSX from GM, are you going for a one off setup and fabbing eveythng yourself type of project, or will this be a off-the-shelf operation?

Either way, mate; looks amazing. Makes me miss Eurostar's updates.

Toasty

I have a 1UZ VVT-i and 5 speed auto from an LS400 i'm putting in my '98 after this is done. Build thread here, it's in the parts collecting/brainstorming stage currently.

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/1998-montero-street-build.205201/

I'll be fabbing everything myself or designing the parts and having them CNC'd out because i like precision (again i'm doing two at once). I'm building adjustable UCA's and coilover tower in my mind because it would be sweet to have that riding on Kings as well.

Toasty

UPDATE!

It drives and with a little tuning and an alignment it'll be perfect. The Kings soak up EVERYTHING! it's insane, it always used to be the front of the truck was a little rough over bumps and the rear was smooth. Now you run over potholes like nothing up front and the rear feels like it needs some Kings too...

Toasty

All that’s missing is some branding for it. You need to CNC a little toasty logo and weld it on.

I did one better, but you'll have to wait till it's 100% complete. I'll take close photos.

Reactions: plh

Toasty

I was looking at them today actually, those and and few other things are on my list.

Swift_45a

Observer
Flex!!! Damn that looks meaty as hell; you should challenge one of those Hard-parking ICON Landcruisers at MOAB with this rig.

I mean look at last year's SEMA offering, that things arms look pathetic by comparison, nearly re-badged OEM:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles