The old 1999 build thread

sledhooligan

Are you using the Rubicon Express Metal Cloak replacement arms or the Metal Cloak arms. Just curious what the difference is.

I haven't had ABS the entire ten-ish years I've had my 95. The first several years, I didn't even know that, as a previous owner had removed the underhood fuse/solenoid so the in-dash light didn't light up. I'll likely be doing the same removal to mine when it comes time to mount an ARB twin myself.

So, I've know Toasty, Pa_Jero and much of the rest of the Crew for probably 15 years. It really makes me kind of proud to see just how much progress they've made personally and professionally. If I had millions of dollars, I'd make them an offer they couldn't refuse and we'd open our own Montero repair/upgrade garage (at least until the money ran out!). Note: I do not have millions of dollars...yet, mu-hoo-ha-ha.

John B.

Any chance you’d have a diagram laying around on how to delete the ABS? Mine has never worked and I’d like to remove the entire system altogether to add an air compressor as well.

Thanks!

The wiring diagrams are in the factory service manual which can be downloaded from mitsubishilinks.com or purchased in paper form.

I was thinking more along the lines of a hydraulic line diagram to bypass the ABS unit. As far as electrical, I would think all that’s required is to disconnect the unit and remove the fuse right?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I'm using the RE replacement arms. RE replacement Metal Cloak arms fit the Rubicon Express crossmember, the Metal Cloak long arm kit comes with bigger end joints and goes to their crossmember.
In my case i had bought universal laser cut radius arm brackets already to make my crossmember. So when i called Metal Cloak that's what they sold me based on my mounting widths.

Toasty

Working on my panhard angle and mounting, looking good so far!
20190911_163835.jpg20190925_103805.jpg

Toasty

Got the panhard done, new frame plates are in and I'm working on fitting them up. Then I can get onto shocks and towers.20190925_172040.jpg20190927_072045.jpg20190926_203738.jpg

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
So impressed! THIS Toasty did not exist ten years ago. The ideas were there, now the execution has dawned.

Just as I am stepping up to a front locker and 5.29's, thanks to Pa_Jero's cast-offs, you guys level up on a much higher plateau!

John B.

Toasty

Power steering pump is to be a hi flow TC pump from PSC and the master cylinder is the Mitsu 1" bore (from an AWD Sport with rear drum brakes). There is another master cylinder if this one doesn't supply enough volume for the Willwood calipers. It comes from a late 90's Dodge 2wd 2500, i believe it's 1-1/8" bore. I'm going to try this 1" first with an adjustable proportion valve (instead of the stock load sensing valve). I used the 1" master cylinder before on my Mighty Max and it was enough for front 4 piston calipers (4 runner) and the rear single pistons (Montero)

Toasty

Got the suspension and axle in (not torqued), had to put a set of 30's on to squeeze it out of the garage. I'll clean the garage, rearrange my trucks then put the big tires back on and set the rideheight. With the ride height set i can torque everything down. Hydraulics and driveshafts to go!

20191013_185313.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles