The official unofficial DE-III in progress thread...

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Well, nobody else started one so it is up to me, I guess. :sombrero:

Just got to Cedar City, the jumping off point for DE-III.

Having dinner at Applebees now (free wifi!)

I'll be enjoying the fine hospitality of the Wal Mart parking lot.

Look for me in the maroon 4th gen 4runner with black wheels, MT tires, an ExPo sticker on the back and of course, the wiffle ball bat on the roof rack! :elkgrin:

Been looking forward to this since last year!

NOTE: This will probably be the only time I'll be near Wi Fi until I start for home on the 27th.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I'm back!

Back home after a grueling drive. Still have to finish unpacking the truck and sorting through pictures.

Great trip, though!

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Made it back to Maryland about 10:30 EDT Thursday. Ended up racing nasty weather across most of Wyoming and Nebraska. Got "a few" pictures to sift through Plus still need to unpack in the morning.

4x4x4doors

Explorer
Nevada trip by the numbers: 5482 miles driveway to driveway. 14 days (all good). 2 blown tires (neither were mine but both went to the same guy). Gas high price $4.199; low was $3.599. Motel nights 4. Bottles of water consumed by me 22. Post cards sent home 8. Animals: Fish (too many to count in a couple of springs and stock tanks); Reptiles - lizards only (no snakes); Mammals - horses (wild and domestic); donkey; jack rabbits; dog; cattle; pronghorn antelope; 1 dead field mouse. Extra-terrestrials (none confirmed but I can come up with no other explanation for the knot on my head and walking into a tree in a broad daylight outside the Little Ale' Inn). Good fellow travelers 7 human, 1 canine. Jerks in our party - 0. Pictures taken on my camera -1312. (Don't worry I won't try to share them all). Haven't yet totaled gas or tolls yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier