The official TRIARII build

TRIARII

Adventurer
Update 2017

It's been a long while since I've been on here so here's an update on the progress of my build. Since day 1 I have depended on domestic LR parts suppliers such as Rovers North and Atlantic British, for all my needs. Total invested in Atlantic British parts since 2012: $2,219.37. Total invested in Rovers North parts since 2012 $5,684.18+. Pros and cons with either company but ultimately neither meets my standards so I now rely on UK suppliers for the majority of my needs. Specifically John Craddock llc. I've also moved away from using aftermarket parts in favor of quality genuine parts when possible. Peace of mind and guaranteed fitment is worth the extra $$. Below is a list of most all the work I've done in 2016.

- Resolved long term issue I've been having with the Secondary air injection system. P1415 and P1412. Replaced the air reservoir, air pump, 2 air hoses and the solenoid; codes eliminated and problem solved.

- Upgraded my front drive shaft to a Tom Woods HD shaft.

- Replaced front driver caliper and abs sensor again.

- Replaced defective coolant expansion tank.

- Replaced ignition wires with Duralast gold wires, ngk plugs, BOSCH coils and Remanufactured BOSCH Fuel injectors.*

- Replaced transfer case bottom cover gasket and gear oil.

- Replaced axle shaft seal for 3rd time and inspected splines for damages, none found.

- 5 new BFG KO2 All Terrains.

Etc

20161107_154035_0e8d17cc9ae6a0c7fc0aaad3f2ec23e41352ffd3.jpg

DSC_0078_zpskjfe6wix.jpg

DSC_0080_zpsz0jcet5q.jpg

$_1 (1).JPG

20161107_141633_97d345d57f6b0c222ff485640c54d40f85b3cbe7.jpg

20161107_144057_954d75e522ac02d7b298aafb730d482b3ef6faf1.jpg

Lecoq

Explorer
What made you go across the pond to get parts instead of locally? Was it availability or the service?

TRIARII

Adventurer
What made you go across the pond to get parts instead of locally? Was it availability or the service?

Quality issues with Rovers North, Accuracy issues with Atlantic British etc. See links below for details. Prices for parts and accessories are cheaper in the UK, even for Genuine parts shipped plus more inventory of aftermarket accessories for our Rovers typically not available in the states.

http://landroverforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/john-craddock-ltd-alternative-rovers-north-atlantic-british-81461/

http://landroverforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/mantec-raised-air-intake-%24227-20-mantec-skid-plate-%24209-86-john-craddock-ltd-81772/

TRIARII

Adventurer
Nope. Turner has a top notch reputation as you already know. I regret not supervising over the installation of the engine at the shop. Discrepancies apparent. If you want a job done right, you gotta do it yourself.

TRIARII

Adventurer
So what caused your oil pressure loss then?

Still pending investigation. The oil pump was in good shape with no cracks. Minor scoring on the surface of the front cover. Also found scoring on one of the crank rods and main bearings. Oil pickup tube was also in good shape, not clogged as suspected. Turner Engineering advised I pull the engine and inspect the flex plate and and flywheel to see weather or not something was improperly installed/aligned during the engine swap. Im keeping the block and tranny and will be pulling it myself in a number of weeks if all goes well. Hopfully shed light on the mystery. Truck also had a multiple cylinder misfires that only started after the engine swap. Replaced wires and plugs 3 times and each time the misfires went away for a few months then would come back again. Despite replacing wires, plugs, coils, 02 sensors and fuel injectors and swapping out the MAF sensor we never figured out why the engine was misfiring. The abrupt loss of oil pressure sealed this trucks fate if not the rusted out frame.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles