The OFFICIAL Overland Expo EAST 2014 Thread!

Maxcustody

Explorer
Got my weekend pass and looking forward to it....I am a first timer and had a question on vendors. Do they just showcase products or do they also have deals going on during the expo to purchase their products? I was looking at ARB storage and a fridge....thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coop74

Old Camping Dude
Bring your bikes. You'll at least use them to get around the venue.
Expos have lots of walking...

...wish I had one already. I rodes Dags' fully suspended bike on Saturday and me likey.

It is worse then it looks... Lots of bad road design to be shared by all.

And bring a map! Asheville's street and highway layout looks like the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

GX470_Prado

Observer
It is worse then it looks... Lots of bad road design to be shared by all.

Travel in Asheville kind of different. If you want to go North you must first go West/East (maybe south) before you can get there. ROADS all try to avoid elevation or Biltmore Estate...

hansrober

Adventurer
Dang really wish I could make this! Right in my own back yard too! I gotta work that Saturday though:(
I second zolo. You should try to work it in on Sunday if you can. There will be a lot to see and do. It will interesting to see the rigs and how they are equipped. Besides, all these guys are a lot of fun!

4runnerteq

Explorer
Startin to get antsy to leave. Cant wait. Early Thursday morning. Trailer will be loaded & ready this weekend. Clothes, food & beer Wednesday afternoon. Folks I work with know Ill be checking out early Wed. Be there just long enough to say I was. Would meet anyone along the if want.

FromRaleigh

Adventurer
Are there any casual classes that you can do with just a weekend pass? The website says that instructional classes are not available with weekend passes, but are some of the round tables instructional?

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Are there any casual classes that you can do with just a weekend pass? The website says that instructional classes are not available with weekend passes, but are some of the round tables instructional?

The Overland Expo website explains everything available to weekend pass holders, here. As you can see there's tons to do. You cannot attend the classes scheduled for Overland Experience attendees, and you cannot take your own vehicle on the Land Rover driving course - only one of the fleet Land Rovers. Still slim chance you'd be bored or run out of options.

95RRC

Adventurer
Is there anyone on here that is heading down (and back) from the NY/NJ area? We have something that needs to be transported from Expo to NY/NJ - where you can meet the new owner...please PM - or email to cjgofish@gmail.com

ab1985

Explorer
I'm considering the fire ban a challenge. I've never cooked with my CFIAC but have some awesome recipes I'm ready to try out.

hansrober

Adventurer
I'm considering the fire ban a challenge. I've never cooked with my CFIAC but have some awesome recipes I'm ready to try out.
We will be trying ours out as a cooking device for the first time this trip. I think CFIAC sales have probably have spiked in the East this month!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior