The Official Dometic CFX Fridge Feed!

Milamr

I ordered Product SKU: 9105306639
Product Name: DOMETIC CFX 95DZW
on February 26th. I have received an email with an order number and password. When I enter them all I see is an invoice. How do I find out about when it will be shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin108

Explorer
@Dometic My CFX3 55 will be in next week and I've had an idea. I don't have much use for ice cubes, but I would love to have some containers in te same size as the ice trays, just undivided for carrying ice cream. Do you plan to offer anything like that?

Kevin108

Explorer
I got my CFX3 55 yesterday. I was pretty disappointed by the lack of info on how to swap the direction of the lid. In the end, I looked closely at the hinge and used a pry bar, but at no point was I certain that what I was doing was right. There's no info on how to do it in the included manual, only weird pictures about the features that are impossible to not know how to use.

Also, the temperature is hovering around 9° F over the set point. Errant glue is seen here and there. For a refrigerator that was almost 3 times as much as what I paid for the no-name budget model I used previously, I'm not too impressed.

Last edited:

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
@Dometic My CFX3 55 will be in next week and I've had an idea. I don't have much use for ice cubes, but I would love to have some containers in te same size as the ice trays, just undivided for carrying ice cream. Do you plan to offer anything like that?

No plans for something like this right now but it's a great idea! In general, organizers/baskets/etc. would be great additions.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

Dometic

I got my CFX3 55 yesterday. I was pretty disappointed by the lack of info on how to swap the direction of the lid. In the end, I looked closely at the hinge and used a pry bar, but at no point was I certain that what I was doing was right. There's no info on how to do it in the included manual, only weird pictures about the features that are impossible to not know how to use.

Also, the temperature is hovering around 9° F over the set point. Errant glue is seen here and there. For a refrigerator that was almost 3 times as much as what I paid for the no-name budget model I used previously, I'm not too impressed.

We appreciate the feedback. I'll share this feedback with the product team.

Thanks again

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Dometic

@Kevin108 - I got in touch with our product team, and the learned that the glue/foam issue you noted was something identified early in production and was corrected. It won't impact the performance of your cooler, but we want you to be completely satisfied. If you'd like to return it for a replacement follow up through the dealer or, if you bought it via the Dometic site, here is a link to our returns page that has instructions on how to start the process.

As for the top, there is no need to pry it. You open it and keep going in an arc, and it will pop loose. From there, you can switch it. It's difficult to represent this precisely via the drawings, but we will add this to our FAQ section on our site.

For the temperature issue, you noted what temp did you have it set for? After setting it, how long had you been waiting? Was the ice maker ON when you were trying to get to the set temp?

Thanks for the additional information!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Dometic

I ordered Product SKU: 9105306639
Product Name: DOMETIC CFX 95DZW
on February 26th. I have received an email with an order number and password. When I enter them all I see is an invoice. How do I find out about when it will be shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Milamr - sorry, I missed your post. Given quite a bit of time has passed has your 95L arrived? If not, private message your order number to me and I'll get it over to the team to check on status.

Thanks!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Kevin108

Explorer
@Kevin108 - I got in touch with our product team, and the learned that the glue/foam issue you noted was something identified early in production and was corrected. It won't impact the performance of your cooler, but we want you to be completely satisfied. If you'd like to return it for a replacement follow up through the dealer or, if you bought it via the Dometic site, here is a link to our returns page that has instructions on how to start the process.

As for the top, there is no need to pry it. You open it and keep going in an arc, and it will pop loose. From there, you can switch it. It's difficult to represent this precisely via the drawings, but we will add this to our FAQ section on our site.

For the temperature issue, you noted what temp did you have it set for? After setting it, how long had you been waiting? Was the ice maker ON when you were trying to get to the set temp?

Thanks for the additional information!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

I would never go through the hassle of returning something like the refrigerator over a minor fit and finish issue, I was just offering an honest assessment of the product I received.

As for the temperature, I've kept it set at 30° F today. Ambient got up to almost 80° F. Internal temps inside the refrigerator were 34° at the lowest, but usually 6° - 9° above the setpoint. The unit was about half full.

Dometic

I would never go through the hassle of returning something like the refrigerator over a minor fit and finish issue, I was just offering an honest assessment of the product I received.

As for the temperature, I've kept it set at 30° F today. Ambient got up to almost 80° F. Internal temps inside the refrigerator were 34° at the lowest, but usually 6° - 9° above the setpoint. The unit was about half full.

Thanks for the follow up. We definitely corrected the manufacturing issue you experienced so if you find it nagging you in some way we'll certainly exchange it.

Thanks also for the temp info. I'm assuming this was over the course of a day or two so let me pass this info along to the team. Was the actual temp and setpoint showing the variance via the phone app and also the display on the cooler?

Thanks again!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Kevin108

Explorer
Thanks for the follow up. We definitely corrected the manufacturing issue you experienced so if you find it nagging you in some way we'll certainly exchange it.

Thanks also for the temp info. I'm assuming this was over the course of a day or two so let me pass this info along to the team. Was the actual temp and setpoint showing the variance via the phone app and also the display on the cooler?

Thanks again!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

I appreciate you standing behind the product! I will certainly reach out if the temperature issue persists. After 4 days, the temperature differential has shrunk to 4° F. The walls of the refrigerator are achieving my setpoint, but the contents have had trouble cooling off until today. I'll see how things go the rest of the week.

IMG_3488.jpg

Last edited:

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I appreciate you standing behind the product! I will certainly reach out if the temperature issue persists. After 4 days, the temperature differential has shrunk to 4° F. The walls of the refrigerator are achieving my setpoint, but the contents have had trouble cooling off until today. I'll see how things go the rest of the week.

View attachment 573615
With 4x4 fridges they will work better if you remove the items away from the walls because with it loaded like that the only way the Temp will drop is by the cold transferring through the Cans, Move them away from the walls and you will see the Temps drop, If you place items close to the walls in your house fridge you will see a temp range of from 0 to 12*c, So move the items away from the walls and stand the Cans upright and leave gaps between them so the cold air can circulate, Once they have cooled down it doesn't matter so much, Also using that laser is useless for testing the surface of White and Silver surfaces because they deflect up to about 65-75% of the reading, Ok.

Hope that helps.

Kevin108

Explorer
There is no moving anything away from the walls. Th coontents slide all around when you're driving. The basket is well designed though and tends to keep the contents mostly away from the walls. I will experiment with standing things upright. That sounds like a reasonable possibility. The laser works fine on the white walls of the fridge, but you are correct about the polished aluminum areas. It is accurate on the red label of the Yuengling.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
There is no moving anything away from the walls. Th coontents slide all around when you're driving. The basket is well designed though and tends to keep the contents mostly away from the walls. I will experiment with standing things upright. That sounds like a reasonable possibility. The laser works fine on the white walls of the fridge, but you are correct about the polished aluminum areas. It is accurate on the red label of the Yuengling.
When I tested many fridges I found that the cooling element is normally 10*c / 18*f colder than what the fridge is set at, It has to be that much colder in order to do it's job and this is why you must never touch the cooling element with wet hands because you will Stick to it, So when you set you fridge to -8*f the element can be as low as -26*f, Just a thing to be aware of, I only found this out by Sticking a wired Sensor between the Basket and the walls of the fridge,

67cj5

Man On a Mission
We're happy to help
G'day, Can you tell me which model Danfos Compressor is in the CDF-18, I already own One CDF -18 and I just ordered another one today,

Is it the Danfos / Secop BD 1.4F ??

Power wise I think it is the best fridge on the market

Last edited:

Dometic

G'day, Can you tell me which model Danfos Compressor is in the CDF-18, I already own One CDF -18 and I just ordered another one today,

Is it the Danfos / Secop BD 1.4F ??

Power wise I think it is the best fridge on the market

I've dug into all the docs I have access to but can't find a spec on the compressor. Given the size of the CDF-18, I suspect it is the BD35 Danfoss, but I can't say with absolute certainty.

Hope this helps!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online