The Official Dometic CFX Fridge Feed!

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Hey Dometic guy.
I pm’d you about building a cfx cabinet. Haven’t heard back. Thought maybe if I posted here you’d get a ding? Or maybe someone else who knows will chime in. I need to build this cabinet this weekend, so I’d love to know some things that aren’t on the website or in the manual. My question is below:

Hi. I'm building a cabinet in my van with a space for a CFX- either 50 or 65. I want to make sure it's big enough for the 65, if I go that route. I have the Dometic Slide on order. My plan is to build the cabinet and use the slide with my cooler until I have funds to purchase the fridge.

I read somewhere that Dometic suggests 2" of space on "all sides". Does that include back? Is it okay if the back is more like 1" but has a cut-out for air flow?
And what about the top? Can I be tight on the top (1/2") if sides are well spaced?
Front side will be open.
And finally, I think I read that the Dometic slide adds 1/2'' to the height of the fridge off the deck. So height of CFX65 on slide would be 22 1/2" ? Can you confirm this?

Thanks for your help!

Quote Reply
Report Edit Delete

The most important clearance is around the vents where the compressor is located. You can get away with a vent cutout in the cabinet IF there is some space outside of that cabinet which equals 2". We don't ever recommend blocking the vents located on the fridge.

It's ok to have a slightly lower clearance above the fridge lid. It's not a bad idea to put reflectix or similar on the cabinet above the lid to keep the compartment insulated better. Less heat will get to the lid from outside sources.

The slide does add a tiny bit of height to the fridge, it's closer to 3/4". I'll try to get 100% accurate measurements uploaded from the team.

Dometic

My 50Qt is one of my favorite accessories and it stays in the vehicle full time. I just wish the cover had a single lid like the fridge. I bought the cover from you guys at Expo East but its just a pain to use, so I don't. I'll see you guys at Expo East this year,I'm hoping there's a new single lid cover in the works.

65258048_10157383438404494_2184357698877784064_n.jpg

65231070_10157383438709494_8777591016061403136_o.jpg
The Dometic cover lid is a horrible design. I ended up cutting the sides at the seams, having the edges hemmed with some matching black material, and just using the Velcro attachments as a hinge. Now I have a single lid cover that opens with the lid of the fridge.
agree. they need to redesign that cover for the cfx 50w ...

Thank You for the feedback. I'll bring this up with the team and see if a redesign is something that's possibly coming down the road

JPOVS

Thank You for the feedback. I'll bring this up with the team and see if a redesign is something that's possibly coming down the road

Please update the cover.
I found a store online that has them for $60 for my 65DZ and I couldn't even pull the trigger at that great price due to how bad the design is.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
@Dometic Looking forward to meeting the folks again at SEMA and seeing if anything new and interesting is out there....
Dometic is on my short list of Fridges for our Transit 4wd Poptop that is a Feature Vehicle at the show, I just need to do more CAD (cardboard aided design) to see what will fit best.
I am hoping the 75dzw will fit well since the dual compartments would give a dedicated beverage area for Baja and events.
If not then I will have to do more mock ups.

20190905_184735.jpg

67cj5

Man On a Mission
@Dometic Looking forward to meeting the folks again at SEMA and seeing if anything new and interesting is out there....
Dometic is on my short list of Fridges for our Transit 4wd Poptop that is a Feature Vehicle at the show, I just need to do more CAD (cardboard aided design) to see what will fit best.
I am hoping the 75dzw will fit well since the dual compartments would give a dedicated beverage area for Baja and events.

View attachment 539788
I think the 75 is the perfect size for a fitted fridge,

nanserbe

The cover can be a little tedious for sure, but having the 5 velcro points actually does a really good job when it's in the back of an open vehicle on the highway.
One time I tried tucking the flaps under instead of using the velcro and it started flying around in the wind.

Dometic - the better way to attach the cover to the lid or to itself would be with magnets. The velcro is destined to fail as time goes on.

Dometic

View attachment 539788

Looking forward to it! See you at SEMA

Dometic

ACCESSORIES
Raise your outdoor game with these accessories that allow you to maximize experiences with added capability, and extra functionality for added enjoyment.

This includes portable batteries, fridge slides, protective covers, and more! Click Here to check out all Dometic Accessories

Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 7.22.52 AM.png

Dometic

DOMETIC PLB40
Powerful: 40Ah/500Wh capacity
Safe: Battery Management System
Simple: Charge with your vehicle, home or solar
[IMG]

The Dometic PLB40 has powerful, integrated Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery cells, providing an energy supply of 40Ah/512 Wh. Ideal for powered coolers and other 12 V appliances while on adventures, the PLB40 provides a weekend of power or longer for a Dometic CFX on a single charge. The integrated DC-DC charger offers three convenient ways to charge via: the vehicle's 12 V DC socket, a solar panel or AC home power. The battery’s integrated Battery Management System protects the PLB40 from under-voltage, over-voltage, short circuiting and overheating for optimum charge time, performance and storage. With this power management system, the Dometic PLB40 has a cycle of life up to four times longer than more commonly used lithium ion batteries.

AVAILABLE HERE

bglenden

I use a Goal Zero Lithium 400 with my Dometic CFX. Out of the box there are compatibility problems (the GZ cigarette receptacle is not compatible with Dometic's plug, the Lithium voltage is too low for the Dometic low-voltage cutoff (stops running at about 50% charge)). Both are quite annoying, but solvable with an adapter and regulated cable that GZ sells. GZ tech support was quite helpful, Dometic not at all.

Dometic

I use a Goal Zero Lithium 400 with my Dometic CFX. Out of the box there are compatibility problems (the GZ cigarette receptacle is not compatible with Dometic's plug, the Lithium voltage is too low for the Dometic low-voltage cutoff (stops running at about 50% charge)). Both are quite annoying, but solvable with an adapter and regulated cable that GZ sells. GZ tech support was quite helpful, Dometic not at all.

Sorry about the lack of support. We appreciate you chiming in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles