The Official Dometic CFX Fridge Feed!

Milamr

Got my CFX95 this week. Bought if for overlanding and to put in the basement of my RV. But after going to Costco to stock up I turned both sides into a freezer to expand my freezer capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor

We see absolutely nothing wrong with this. In fact, we strongly identify and encourage this sort of behavior!

giphy.gif

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

minhster714

Just curious, what's the recommended temperature that most people are using for fridge and freezer on their dometic. I have a cfx-28 and usually do 37 for fridge, seems to not kick on as much and still keeps things plenty cold. I've experimented with freezer settings and the unit struggles to get to 0 degrees. Takes a few hours to get there even when I pre-freeze the content. If I just wanted to keep some ice, would something along the line of 24 degrees be fine?

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Just curious, what's the recommended temperature that most people are using for fridge and freezer on their dometic. I have a cfx-28 and usually do 37 for fridge, seems to not kick on as much and still keeps things plenty cold. I've experimented with freezer settings and the unit struggles to get to 0 degrees. Takes a few hours to get there even when I pre-freeze the content. If I just wanted to keep some ice, would something along the line of 24 degrees be fine?
I keep mine set at around 2*c which is about 35*f, You wouldn't want Beer above those temp, And at 2*c Milk will last for ever, I did a test to see how much better my fridge is compared to a domestic fridge and milk wound go off in 4 or 5 days but in my ARB it lasted 43 days with me drinking half a glass of it every 3 or 4 days, also at 2*c I have had Tomatoes last 35 days+.

These 12v fridges are way more effective than their upright domestic counterparts (y)

wiseinvestor

Dumb question of the day... But seriously, why are so many fridge slides 3 inches longer than the fridge they are built for? cfx3 35 is 24.80 deep or 27.32 with the handles. The slide is over 4 inches greater than the base of the fridge at 28.93 deep. Why? Anyone know of alternatives? Thanks

Kevin108

Explorer

I keep my CFX3 55 set at 30° F which keeps drinks as cold as possible without freezing. The inside temps seem to be slightly warmer than the setpoint. YMMV

414e1fd8626ff02ee8b938a5abcbe605.png

Does anyone know if the fan on my cfx75dzw should be running constantly. Hasn’t stopped since I plugged it into the wall outlet to cool down to temp. Temperature in both zones has reached the desired temperature but the fan continues to run. Is this normal operation?

Thanks

Riptyd64

Just received and installed my new Dometic CFX3 IM. Place in the back of my 2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU. Plugged into cigarette lighter via included cable. Filled refrigerator with 24 chilled bottles of water and went for a drive.
2.5 hours later temperatures in fridge does not want to get below 37 degrees F. Parked Jeep overnight and apparently the power shut off the fridge at 12.2 volts (medium setting)
Started the Jeep, no problem fridge turned back on automatically and displayed a temperature of 39 degrees within about 15 minutes. Still unable to get fridge below 37 after several hours.
Jeep is parked in driveway on slight grade outside temp 70 degrees. Am I doing something wrong?

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Just received and installed my new Dometic CFX3 IM. Place in the back of my 2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU. Plugged into cigarette lighter via included cable. Filled refrigerator with 24 chilled bottles of water and went for a drive.
2.5 hours later temperatures in fridge does not want to get below 37 degrees F. Parked Jeep overnight and apparently the power shut off the fridge at 12.2 volts (medium setting)
Started the Jeep, no problem fridge turned back on automatically and displayed a temperature of 39 degrees within about 15 minutes. Still unable to get fridge below 37 after several hours.
Jeep is parked in driveway on slight grade outside temp 70 degrees. Am I doing something wrong?
I have been thinking about your issues with your new fridge, To me it sounds like the courier has transported it either on it's side or on end or even possibly upside down,

find out what day it was shipped to you and how many days did it take to arrive IE if it took 3 days then you need to let it sit Unplugged for 2 or 3 days so all the Gas/Fluid can drain back to where it is meant to be and then after that amount of time then power it up and see how it goes,

For some reason Couriers all over the world are some of the Dumbest people on the planet, Even when it says "THIS WAT UP" on the Box the Dumb ****ers Still Don't get the Message, I ordered a new Dometic fridge a week ago and when it arrived I refused to except delivery of it because there was this Brain dead Idiot standing on my Doorstep with my brand new fridge standing up on end, It annoys the hell out of me because we spend 000$$$ of dollars on these things and these companies do not obey the Warning Notices on the box.

The chances are your fridge is perfect but because of all of the above yours is messing around, Have a word with our resident Dometic person here on the forum and I am sure they will tell you this to be true, Ok.

Good luck. (y)

Last edited:

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
I have been thinking about your issues with your new fridge, To me it sounds like the courier has transported it either on it's side or on end or even possibly upside down,

find out what day it was shipped to you and how many days did it take to arrive IE if it took 3 days then you need to let it sit Unplugged for 2 or 3 days so all the Gas/Fluid can drain back to where it is meant to be and then after that amount of time then power it up and see how it goes,

For some reason Couriers all over the world are some of the Dumbest people on the planet, Even when it says "THIS WAT UP" on the Box the Dumb ****ers Still Don't get the Message, I ordered a new Dometic fridge a week ago and when it arrived I refused to except delivery of it because there was this Brain dead Idiot standing on my Doorstep with my brand new fridge standing up on end, It annoys the hell out of me because we spend 000$$$ of dollars on these things and these companies do not obey the Warning Notices on the box.

The chances are your fridge is perfect but because of all of the above yours is messing around, Have a word with our resident Dometic person here on the forum and I am sure they will tell you this to be true, Ok.

Good luck. (y)

Yep - happens all the time. In general it shouldn't present a problem for you though. Regardless if it's left on your doorstep in proper orientation or not, we recommend putting it horizontal orientation, and let it sit for three hours. Afterward, fire it up, put some items in it to fill the space, and set the temp to test it out.

If you run into problems in cooling it down let us know and we'll get help with the troubleshooting.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Yep - happens all the time. In general it shouldn't present a problem for you though. Regardless if it's left on your doorstep in proper orientation or not, we recommend putting it horizontal orientation, and let it sit for three hours. Afterward, fire it up, put some items in it to fill the space, and set the temp to test it out.

If you run into problems in cooling it down let us know and we'll get help with the troubleshooting.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

I own quite a few Dometic products including the TCX 35 and 2 compressor fridges, I have never had an issue with any of them, and I love how I can sleep in the Van with the fridge under the Bed and never hear it running, I was that impressed I also bought one for my Brother and with the added bonus of the 2 PLB-40's make going off grid seem more like home from home,

Oh and by the way I just bought one of the Dometic Tailgate Tents, Now I got a mobile Condo, lol.

solspot

I decided to throw the fridge in the truck and take some screenshots. Since the fridge is warm I couldn't get any readings with the fridge connected but no compressor running. If I had voltage protection on the fridge would shut off with these readings.

Fridge on - Truck off - Truck battery showing 12.3 volts at the battery with load
.View attachment 568170

Fridge On - Truck On - 14.1 Volts shown at the battery - App also showed voltage at 13.1 volts. It kept changing back and forth
View attachment 568171

Fridge On - Truck Off - A little bit of solar going in
View attachment 568174

100 Watt Renogy panel on roof rack low sun. With a load on the battery I believe this app will also show a lower voltage at the battery.
View attachment 568175

I would be happy to switch to a CFX3 in the same size to see if there is a difference.

View attachment 568189
Here's my current setup. I prefer to have my fridge in my vehicle. The Off Grid Expedition 2.0 trailer also comes with a CFX65 but I don't normally bring it.
Did you ever determine root cause? I have the same issue of a 1.1- 1.2 voltage drop in app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne