The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Awesome Dok, great to hear!

Does anyone have a current source for the Sienna recliners? I have been searching ebay and locally with no luck. I called warehousesalvage.net and they do not have any and do not know if or when they will get more.

Thank you,

Brad

Hi Brad, yes, I'll PM you "the source."

torqluvas

Observer
I'm seeing lots of siennas in Econolines, but what about other vans, like Transits? Or for the Mercedes crowd, are people puttin these in Sprinters too?
Looks like in 2018 there are now black sienna recliners. Nice, thats what I'd wnat.

alexboisvert

I'm also looking for a set of tan Sienna loungers and Ujoint mounts. Anyone with leads let me know. I emailed 'the source' but he did not have any 'for a few weeks'. Please don't make me find the OEM Ford bucket seats...although desperate times call for desperate measures.

Brown OEM Ford laying around, anyone?

Mmm pie

Observer
I'm also looking for a set of tan Sienna loungers and Ujoint mounts. Anyone with leads let me know. I emailed 'the source' but he did not have any 'for a few weeks'. Please don't make me find the OEM Ford bucket seats...although desperate times call for desperate measures.

Brown OEM Ford laying around, anyone?

Like these?

2qwg4gl.jpg

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Those older style ('pre '15) are more gray than tan I'd say. Different leather style with the leather "bunched" in the middle of the seat.
Here are the newer '15+ chestnut brown ones, a sportier look with no bunched leather, but instead a perforated leather. Depending on the light, the chestnut brown can look lighter and more peanut buttery than you see here;

Toyota-Sienna-Leather-Bucket-Seat-Recliner-Chestnut.jpg

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
You selling?

Sorry no. This was just a show-n-tell pic.
Quite a few <'14 Sienna gray leather recliners on ebay (and one true tan set), but no good stock of '15+ Sienna leather recliners.
Other places to look would be www.autotempest.com (part of searchtempest search engine), any mobility/"disabled"/"handicapped" van builders near you.

kp1

I'm seeing lots of siennas in Econolines, but what about other vans, like Transits? Or for the Mercedes crowd, are people puttin these in Sprinters too?
Looks like in 2018 there are now black sienna recliners. Nice, thats what I'd wnat.

I have got 3 in the back of my '15 Transit.

IMG_4173.jpg

And no good pics apparently. If I could do it again I would move them all back 8 inches, it wouldn't be bad if they sat an inch higher too. There is room to recline them all at the same time but with the front passenger seat swiveled there is not a ton of leg room.

I used the OEM tracks so they slide 36" or so. They are also super easy to remove - pull the handle in the lower rear and they are out.

Last edited:

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I have a couple in my sprinter, mounted to recessed L track. Don’t mind the sideways picture, no clue why the forum does that. They are a good value for a couple captains chairs, nice to have the foot rest and latch anchors. They have a fairly small profile as well so it’s easy to walk around them. In a Sprinter, you’d want taller bases than then e series brackets due to the raised front seats and high windows.

6019835A-2A0F-4119-ADF0-3D4C972DD266.jpg

patoz

Expedition Leader
Don't mind the sideways picture, no clue why the forum does that.

Here, I rotated and enhanced the photo for you. It's not the forum that's posting the picture wrong, it's your phone. When you take a picture, your phone encodes it with the orientation information it has at the time. Your picture orientation setting needs to be set on automatic, so it can tell which way is up and apply that setting. If you have it manually set in 'portrait' mode and rotate the phone into 'landscape' mode, the encoding is still going to be 'portrait' mode, and that is how it will post on the forum. This is true both ways.

The best way to post pictures on forums is to upload your pictures to a photo editing program like Windows Photo Viewer, on a real computer. Then preview, edit, or rotate and finally save the pictures. Once that is done, upload them to the forum. Also, previewing your post before you hit 'Submit' is always a good idea.

I have been doing it this way for 15 years, and have never had a problem. :) BTW, nice looking seats!

6019835A-2A0F-4119-ADF0-3D4C972DD266.jpg

eporter

Adventurer
So I've searched all through this thread and I'm confused as to if any of the stock sienna seats swivel or rotate? I get that there's a swivel base to buy that lets the seats bolt into the front of an econoline.

I'm looking to put a seat with an integrated seat belt in my RV behind the passenger seat.

I've found a bunch of vehicles that have integrated seats, and a couple vehicles that have swivel seats (Previa), but no vehicle that has Integrated seat belts AND a swivel base. Or is Sienna the answer I'm missing?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles