The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

Osprey!

Observer
Thanks! That was helpful.

For fasteners, I was planning to go with the Sure-Lok 100 fastener pack. It's expensive but far cheaper than the increased liability of using untested fasteners. Plus it's designed to work together.

http://www.cargoequipmentcorp.com/product-p/fe201006.htm

http://sure-lok.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf_downloads/Omni-Instructions-SSP329.pdf

Now the question is what length Q'straint. Should I go with one strip of 100" and cut my own? Or should I buy strips of pre-cut lengths 8" or 12" and save myself the hassle.

I've decided flange is the way to go, which will embed in a van rug. The van rug is 0.75 thick. The flange cut is .625. I assume rug/foam will compress the 0.125 and seal the flange nicely.

I'm envisioning 4x12" strips (for the seats) and two strips at the back for the 1-up carriers and miscellaneous cargo tie down.

Thoughts?

Lurkerlou

Thanks! That was helpful.

For fasteners, I was planning to go with the Sure-Lok 100 fastener pack. It's expensive but far cheaper than the increased liability of using untested fasteners. Plus it's designed to work together.

http://www.cargoequipmentcorp.com/product-p/fe201006.htm

http://sure-lok.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf_downloads/Omni-Instructions-SSP329.pdf

Now the question is what length Q'straint. Should I go with one strip of 100" and cut my own? Or should I buy strips of pre-cut lengths 8" or 12" and save myself the hassle.

I've decided flange is the way to go, which will embed in a van rug. The van rug is 0.75 thick. The flange cut is .625. I assume rug/foam will compress the 0.125 and seal the flange nicely.

I'm envisioning 4x12" strips (for the seats) and two strips at the back for the 1-up carriers and miscellaneous cargo tie down.

Thoughts?

Do you have a chop saw?

I’d say buy full lengths and go from there , and cut to lengths you want.

I believe the holes are 11 “ x 11” in the Ujoint bases so the 10” or even the 12” for that matter won’t work as you would have your fitting at the very end of the track and might not have full contact of your stud fitting.

Keep in mind decide where you want your track to lay then be fully prepared to have to deviate from your plan so your track will land in the valley or peaks of the floor itself.

Edit I have a spare Ujoint base and some various lengths of L track so I can look later tonight and see what the minimum length you can get away with.

Osprey!

Observer
Thanks. That's very nice of you. My bases are in a box and we're moving on Saturday. But it sounds like I should just buy the 100" lengths and run long strips down the whole length of the van. I've seen a few pics in this thread and that solution looked fine.

p.s. I didn't realize I could cut l-track with a chop saw. Won't it ruin the blade and throw sparks? Sorry for the noob question. I do have a compound miter saw. I can also buy a hack saw, that's not a big deal.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
We've got 2 pairs of front Sienna mounts done and ready to ship. This will be the last 2! Don't plan to make them again.

Jsweezy

Explorer
Here is my floor with enough L track to move the seats as far back as they will fit and as far forward they could go comfortably. Just plan on dropping the gas tank to get to the drivers side inside track, it will save you a lot less time doing so.

20171204_132507.jpg

Last edited:

Osprey!

Observer
I think I'm going to outsource the install. I'm slammed with work. How many hours do you think the overall install should take? Is it difficult to drop the tank?

Now that all the parts are ordered, the waiting is the hardest part...

Jsweezy

Explorer
Dropping the tank isnt hard, its just 2 bolts holding it up there and then the filler neck but I didn't bother with the filler neck, I just dropped it enough to gain access and not anymore so I didnt have to take it completely out.

As far as how long it takes depends on how you do it, if your just going to slap some surface mounted l track then its just drilling holes and bolting it down but if your going to recess it or do a new floor then it takes more time. Make sure you check the spacing as well so the seat fits after you get it all in.

It also helps to have a friend help so one of you can hold the nut while the other tightens it down.

Lurkerlou

Sorry Osprey I haven’t got you the pictures but it sounds like you’ve got it pretty much figured out. I had to get some shoulder work done and I’m further out of commission that I figured I’d be.

As mentioned the biggest part is starting from the bottom of the van and seeing where you have the best chance at a full run from back to front. I wouldn’t just let anyone loose in doing this for you as there is ways to paint yourself into a corner or drill into something you/they shouldn’t or end up with extra holes.

I always look at like nobody will have the same care and attention that you will on your own vehicle.

Osprey!

Observer
I always look at like nobody will have the same care and attention that you will on your own vehicle.

I agree completely. The problem is lack of free time for me to do the install. It's always a tough call.

Speaking of which, I wasted 2 hours today on a trip to a salvage yard to check out their "A" grade seats. The seats were from a rollover and they had clearly been exposed to the elements for a long period of time. They were filthy and covered with bird droppings. Gah!

If anyone has a line on tan Sienna seats (11-16), please let me know!

Dok

Good Day!Gents!! BN lurking here for several years following some most amazing builds (with great admiration for Chris/MG/Vandiana1&2/
Optima /Cummins conversion etc etc etc Cant tell you how many nites have bn lost in this forum!!
Jst binged on this siena site (again) as I have finally scored a set for my(2nd) 4x4 Eseries...(96 RB 5.8 )
Was Shocked by Chris 's post above & hope u can put my name on on one of the front base sets!!!!
I am in Calgary AB & will do whatever it takes to arrange shipping( including driving to Montana if ness)
need many other parts as well & will try to call Ujoint in AM.
If Im not too late ... i will definately take a set of those front mounts...Jst let me no how to make it happen!!!
Thanks sooo much for all the great work you all do to keep us vannnin!!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Good Day!Gents!! BN lurking here for several years following some most amazing builds (with great admiration for Chris/MG/Vandiana1&2/
Optima /Cummins conversion etc etc etc Cant tell you how many nites have bn lost in this forum!!
Jst binged on this siena site (again) as I have finally scored a set for my(2nd) 4x4 Eseries...(96 RB 5.8 )
Was Shocked by Chris 's post above & hope u can put my name on on one of the front base sets!!!!
I am in Calgary AB & will do whatever it takes to arrange shipping( including driving to Montana if ness)
need many other parts as well & will try to call Ujoint in AM.
If Im not too late ... i will definately take a set of those front mounts...Jst let me no how to make it happen!!!
Thanks sooo much for all the great work you all do to keep us vannnin!!

Good day Dok,
Did you score a set?

Dok

I surely hope so!!! Sent a request to Chris @ Ujoint at 2:am my time.... & got a reply about 6am saying he had 1 set left .I imediately asked him ( by Email ) to process my order
(w/a bunch of other Ujoint goodies) but as yet have not heard back yet . Left my phn # etc so we cld arrange payment to confirm... anxiously waiting for reply !!!
BN following all these amazing builds for years.. but dont do any posting myself...so hope im following the rite procedures to make this happen!!
I c Chris has taken down his Phone # ( to get on w/builing deams ) .... so Im checking for mail constantly....
Let u know soon I hope!!

Dok

Just quick update ... Chris has confirmed the last set of front Sienna bases is mine !! I am so glad i was rereading this thread to discover it was a last chance thing!!
got a perfect set of `14 Siennas & last set of front mnts: (I should get a lottery ticket)
Now if i cld only score one of MGs extended hinges!!! Jackpot!!
Bunch of goodies coming from Ujont..... ON Post watch !!

bp460

Does anyone have a current source for the Sienna recliners? I have been searching ebay and locally with no luck. I called warehousesalvage.net and they do not have any and do not know if or when they will get more.

Thank you,

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles