The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

coolhandlucc

Wow I just read my ******** off! All 44 pages! Now in true fashion I shall ask questions already answered. I just found two model year 16/17 seats for about 500 a piece + shipping. Ok deal? I have a 2014 Quigley E350 EB v8 passenger. I want to mount these in the second passenger row area which will leave me a nice foyer area for the dogs and enough room for a bed platform in the rear with rope rescue gear below. This is my current configuration with the factory bench. So here's my question for you EB guys. If I move the seats up a little in order to recline the seats without hitting the bed will it leave enough room for the arb 60 fridge behind the drivers seat? The foyer is a big deal for us! Do Ujoints current bases fit newer seats? Have they gotten any easier to install? Is there enough room to get between them? What am I forgetting to ask? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Wow I just read my ******** off! All 44 pages! Now in true fashion I shall ask questions already answered. I just found two model year 16/17 seats for about 500 a piece + shipping. Ok deal? I have a 2014 Quigley E350 EB v8 passenger. I want to mount these in the second passenger row area which will leave me a nice foyer area for the dogs and enough room for a bed platform in the rear with rope rescue gear below. This is my current configuration with the factory bench. So here's my question for you EB guys. If I move the seats up a little in order to recline the seats without hitting the bed will it leave enough room for the arb 60 fridge behind the drivers seat? The foyer is a big deal for us! Do Ujoints current bases fit newer seats? Have they gotten any easier to install? Is there enough room to get between them? What am I forgetting to ask? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yep, that's typical going rate.
I can't answer the EB question as I have an RB, sorry.
Yes on UJOR's Sienna bases fitting these 2015+ Sienna recliners. Pretty straightforward to install the bases. Many pics here thanks to MG.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Hey Jeremy,

I heard someone comparing the Sienna seats to something the Ford Transit vans have. Have you heard anything about this?

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Hey Jeremy,

I heard someone comparing the Sienna seats to something the Ford Transit vans have. Have you heard anything about this?

Happy post Thanksgiving Pat! I hope the weather is fine in FL. Raining of course in OR. ;)

Hmm, I'm not sure what the Transit's may have from what I've seen them having. Do you remember if they were a recliner seat? There have been some people starting to put the Sienna recliners into Transit's I know. Was that maybe what you had heard about?

patoz

Expedition Leader
Happy post Thanksgiving to you also!

Weather is great here for a change, and it has finally cooled off enough to work outside.

I can't remember where I read it, but they were saying the Sienna seats were similar to what was in the new Transit vans. Maybe, they are a high end option you can get in the vans or something.

I don't know but it might be worth looking into...

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Happy post Thanksgiving to you also!

Weather is great here for a change, and it has finally cooled off enough to work outside.

I can't remember where I read it, but they were saying the Sienna seats were similar to what was in the new Transit vans. Maybe, they are a high end option you can get in the vans or something.

Hmm, will have to investigate.

SoCalChaos

Observer

Not even close... having put in 4 sienna's in my old E350 using MG\Ujoint bases for front seats and 2nd row I can tell you there is no similarities other than being seats.
I was on going to pull the trigger on a new Transit, looked at them long and hard but in the end, I felt to cramped in the low roof models so ended up going a different route.
Each seating spot of the bench seat has it's own lap\seatbelt as well as individual reclining function which is really cool, but nothing like the sienna's

maybe someone was referencing a Tansit upfitter with individual buckets in the rear? Explorer?

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
I don' t know and I wish I could find that article again. Thanks for the info, now I can quit worrying about it. :)

Lurkerlou

You can use these
7736ff17d4133ea38f76cde2f6c52c71.jpg

But I’d recommend these as they are stronger for something more important like a seat.
5697bbe9e5838839bfdcaadc2088fe7b.jpg

I put in longer strips so it could be a little more versatile.

ec14c5abf8cfe5e9912f38637f90da16.jpg

Smoker

Observer
This is great info. What did you use to bolt the L track to the floor? I recall US Cargo sells a hardware pack for the L Track. But did you use something beefier or longer screws, or bigger washers? Thx

Lurkerlou

1/4 x 20 stainless with big fender washers and Nylock nuts on the bottom side. I shutter to think how many of them I have used building with all the L Track in the van.
d35a319860467e06920499a424539715.jpg

Smoker

Observer
Thanks. I see the L track has a ridiculous number of holes so you must have done a ton of drilling. Did you use riv nuts in certain spots or did you have to drop stuff under the van to secure the nuts from underneath? Thanks

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Thanks. I see the L track has a ridiculous number of holes so you must have done a ton of drilling. Did you use riv nuts in certain spots or did you have to drop stuff under the van to secure the nuts from underneath? Thanks

Yep, LOTS of drilling. We found it best to bolt the 4 strips of L-track together using the Sienna seat mounts, so that the L-track was most true/aligned.
Had to use riv nuts in many areas where we couldn't access from underneath the van(quite a bit of stuff in the way at certain places).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles