The "Mother Lode" 2005 GMC Yukon

Jsweezy

Explorer
So I initially started at the last page and saw the damage and thought man thats a bummer but at least no-one got hurt. Then I went back and read the rest of the thread and thought HOLY CRAP THAT SUCKS!

Whichever way you go I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with and my wife's family lives over in Nampa so maybe ill see it sometime when we are visiting.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I cant tell if thats a joke or not? Is being covered for anything off road typical?

I asked because I have heard instances where people had to drag a vehicle back to a roadway and basically commit fraud to get insurance to cover an accident. I've never read the fine print on my policy.

krazytoy

Adventurer
Every insurance policy I have ever had included offroad, if it is fully insured then the location of the accident shouldn't matter and it didn't matter in my case, I told the insurance company exactly what happened and they didn't even bat an eye. Many, many years ago I rear ended a guy on a 4x4 club run way out in the boonies, I slid on ice and ran into the back of his truck, insurance covered that one too no problem.
Now, getting them to cover all of the suspension modifications would be another story, I discussed it with them but in the end it would just drive up the buy back value of the vehicle, you might get 50% of the cost of the equipment but you may have to buy it back at 60% so it may or may not be worth it. In my case, I don't think I am going to claim all of the suspension modifications because I plan to just purchase another one and swap bodies.

GordoSmasho

Observer
Wow. Just found this thread and thought damn that thing looks familiar. I talked to you at loon lake in september. You guys camped near me and my dad.

Sorry to see the flop at the dunes. That is a sick rig. Glad everyone was ok.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Happy to see that you did not get hurt Krazytoy. Now you just have to get out the sawzall and make it an open sand dune rig. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with your rig. Good luck. Cheers, Chilli..:)

Bojak

Adventurer
Glad you and your kids are OK, hate to see the damage. Your rig was one of my favorites and I hope it lives again somehow. Just such a shame but I bet you were having fun L I V I N till it went over. Again, glad you and yours are safe.

krazytoy

Adventurer
Wow. Just found this thread and thought damn that thing looks familiar. I talked to you at loon lake in september. You guys camped near me and my dad.
Sorry to see the flop at the dunes. That is a sick rig. Glad everyone was ok.
Hey man, yeah that was us, my dad and I had a great time on the Rubicon. Funny I got it all the wat through the Rubicon without a scratch then go full stupid on a little dune, live and learn I guess?

Happy to see that you did not get hurt Krazytoy. Now you just have to get out the sawzall and make it an open sand dune rig. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with your rig. Good luck. Cheers, Chilli..:)
Ain't gonna happen, I like my windshield, top, doors, & HVAC!

Glad you and your kids are OK, hate to see the damage. Your rig was one of my favorites and I hope it lives again somehow. Just such a shame but I bet you were having fun L I V I N till it went over. Again, glad you and yours are safe.
Well that is what it's all about... Once you build them you have to enjoy them. I am thankful that I had an amazing year with this rig, we'll figure out what is next and move on.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the kind thoughts that we are safe.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Damn, find a new body. Then use it for the photos on page 6 or 7. Doing the trail riding. screw trying to launch dunes and that silliness.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Hope you get it swapped out and back on the road. Speaking for many I suppose, your build is the reality of what we all wish we could either pull off or that the factory would produce. The concept of a fully capable off road rig with that level of drivability and luxury is awesome.

krazytoy

Adventurer
Well, I sold everything off this rig and I'm moving on to the next project.

Krazytoy we need you to get going on another build, we need your work to continue.
Stay tuned! Bought the new project last night, I will be starting a new thread soon. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles