The ManVan. 06 E350 Chateau V10

Justgosurfin

Thanks. I just found a decent shop near me here in South Florida that can make one for me. Any idea if any of the super duties come with that double cardan joint and a cv shaft of close to the correct length? Just wondering if it'd be cheaper for me to find one and have it shortened a little rather than adding so much to my current driveshaft (slip yoke at trans to straps at d60).

Justgosurfin

On your tank and t case install, did you find it easier to install one or the other first? I looks like it might be a little tricky getting the T of that strap up in the floor underside either t case installed...

Last edited:

rex_1_mn

Observer
On your tank and t case install, did you find it easier to install one or the other first? I looks like it might be a little tricky getting the T of that strap up in the floor underside either t case installed...
I’m not sure exactly which order I did this in. If I remember right I did T-case first which was a fight because it’s a heavy bugger.

rex_1_mn

Observer
5AEDFDC8-8304-42D5-89AB-99AC99AB3D85.jpeg6E529CEC-0FEE-4C50-9373-4F1F8648F742.jpeg
Getting my thread caught back up. Last fall we took a shortish trip out to the badlands/black hills area. Spent the night at a free remote spot on the west side of the badlands. Made a stop at wall drug for breakfast then on to deadwood to meet up with some family members. We loaded the van up with 6 people and went to see the sites. Mount Rushmore, annual buffalo roundup, and Custer state park. Had a good trip and the van performed well.

Last edited:

rex_1_mn

Observer
I have been very busy most of this summer with a big house remodel. Putting up a new shop and doing everything on the exterior of the house. It has held up anymore progress on the van but I have used it a ton for towing and hauling construction materials. At some point this spring my tuner quit working and it is off at 5 star getting checked out. B91BD11E-3BBB-4184-ADB0-7AB0896F282C.jpeg
We are going from this.
043A8A24-4083-41D5-BF37-16A1470A87E9.jpeg
To this.
1D7A608E-06FF-4A3A-A02E-96C2B3CA1D71.jpegNow I will have a place for all of my future projects. Plan to put a lift in the back corner. In the middle of roofing this whole project we got 8.5 inches of rain in about 2.5 hours which made for one of the longest nights of my life but we made it through mostly unscathed.

rex_1_mn

Observer
So the plan for the end of summer was to take the kids out to the west coast and see Seattle down to the redwoods. With the house project, a new job and a new kid on the way time and money have run short. So again we loaded up the van and headed to the hills. E78C0E60-0B77-4F15-B702-C5DB7D8C335C.jpeg
Devils tower WY.
15889A80-3A7B-4578-BE03-5A3706A2D1B0.jpeg
Our cabin on terry peak.
6AB0155A-1978-440B-BFF8-9542B926B155.jpeg
Hippie hole. A great place to cool down. Also tour’d an old mine.

For this trip I added an ARB 50 qt to the back of the van. Hope I fall in love with it as the price was hard to swallow. So far so good. May add a deep cycle batt. to the list of needs. Had a good time and enjoyed using the van. After a lot of miles I can say she gets 11.5 on the highway and if you run it hard, tow, or a lot of short trips she gets around 10.5. I love the 87 octane tow tune from 5 Star. The downshifts in the mountains can be a little aggressive with tow/haul on but as a bonus I rarely need to touch the brakes going down steep grades which is pretty good in an 8k pound plus rig.

rex_1_mn

Observer
While I was going through pictures I seen this and had to post. One thing my family has always said with vans is “where are you going to haul your deer”. I couldn’t help myself and had to show them I didn’t need a truck to get it home (5 miles of dirt roads). I was laughing so hard when I put it up their. The antenna was pretty much holding it on but it made it fine and makes a great soup.
C14EF069-0E3D-4802-A1D5-69FA236A027A.jpeg

ogre

I’m sure I missed this as I was going though the thread again...

What lift did you go with?? 4 or 6 inch??
What size tires are you running???

Your van looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles