The M~D~U Report: A Thousand Miles of Dirt in Utah

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
I think I check this thread half a dozen times a day hoping for more. Your trip reports are addicting! We need more! :drool:

^^^^ oh good I'm not the only one...:iagree:

Sorry guys! Argh i didn't want it to take so long for the last two! But now i am in the middle of moving. So maybe the end of the week if i can get my computer back up. sorry!

Very nice! What road is this and where exactly is it? We're planning a trip to the area the first week of October and would like to do this. Do you think there'll be snow at that time? Thanks!

hmm i'll have to look, but it is part of the UTBDR route on their site. Hard to say on the snow though, kinda hit or miss with the last few years when the snow starts to fly. At least around here in wyo. But the pass to get to that was at 10k feet so could be. I'm not sure though.

THREAD TOOLS >> SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD >> RECEIVE EMAIL WHEN AN UPDATE IS POSTED :D

Yeah but where is the fun in that :p

iluvdrt

Brat Driver
Amazing trip report. As I sit in my office with no windows reading it, I felt as if I were there with you. Sadly, Most of those trails I cant do in my overland rig, but the ones I can, perhaps some day I will. Thanks!

hsestes

Henry S Estes
WOW... Love the photos, story, and one day dream of doing this run... I just spent the last few days reading every post!!! I tried to keep up, but how many days in total were you guys on the road?

milan65

Hello, Great write up. On page 7 post #61 there's a picture of your truck in some pretty narrow passage and I was wondering what trail these are on? Do you have GPS coordinates of that passage? Are there any by-passes? Seems based on how tight that passage is for your Toyota, that my full size truck would not go through. I'm planning to go to that regain this fall. Thank you. Milan

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Hello, Great write up. On page 7 post #61 there's a picture of your truck in some pretty narrow passage and I was wondering what trail these are on? Do you have GPS coordinates of that passage? Are there any by-passes? Seems based on how tight that passage is for your Toyota, that my full size truck would not go through. I'm planning to go to that regain this fall. Thank you. Milan

Ahhhh devils pocket.

yes this is very very tight, you'll likely loose some paint with a full size rig. That said, you can still get to the Confluence hike through the south entrance through Beef Basin. But you will NOT beable to do a good chunk of Elephant hill as the part with the Devil pocket is one way, so can't turn around. But you could come up from the south and then out the normal way to get around that part and still get to do the fun switch backs.

I do have GPS of all this trip, just haven't posted it yet, but will soon!

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Looking for the ending. Hope you got moved ok.

Thanks! I did, only had a computer the last week or so..

Getting into the flow of things. But i've been chipping away at the next chapter! Hopefully soon! Sorry its so long. I have 2 more to do after this now..ha

nswanny

Observer
Thanks! I did, only had a computer the last week or so..

Getting into the flow of things. But i've been chipping away at the next chapter! Hopefully soon! Sorry its so long. I have 2 more to do after this now..ha

Well at least we will all have even more to read and lust over once this once finishes. Seriously can't wait for the rest of it to show up, no pressure :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles