The Josh's M416 Trailer Build

JKnaround

:coffee: Got paint?

Reading the problems you've had with delivery deadlines is making me nervous about starting my own. Anxious to see your finished trailer. You've done a fantastic job.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I hand painted mine, 3 coats in the tub (1 POR 15 and 2 Monstaliner) and on the outside with 1 POR 15, 1 base primer (gray for coverage) and 2 of the Marine Enamel. Took 5 days total, about 3 hours a day...15 hours, not including prep. That was 2 days, about 10 hours.

Media blasting would have been good...so much sanding. Hang in there, I am sure it will be epic!

3d fj

Observer
i'm rereading this build. I have a question... The platforms on either side of the fenders... What size square tubing did you use? Also, how did you weld it to the frame? Did you use any gussets?

TheJosh

Explorer
i'm rereading this build. I have a question... The platforms on either side of the fenders... What size square tubing did you use? Also, how did you weld it to the frame? Did you use any gussets?

Hey guys I'm back and I'll update on everything tonight about what's going on with the trailer.

I dropped it back off at the body shop this afternoon. I was promised it will only take 4 days to finish the body and paint so we will see. I marked out all the imperfections with green tape that they need to fix including parts on the frame which they claimed was all done

IMG_20130812_151025_zps944cce6e.jpg

IMG_20130812_151036_zpsfd030cf0.jpg

IMG_20130812_151042_zps2952ebd9.jpg

TheJosh

Explorer

The Nerf bars are made from 1.5" .120 wall square tubing. Welded all the way around on each of the three (per Nerf) tubes that come perpendicular from the frame. No gussets, I didn't and still don't feel they are necessary given I can lift the trailer up from each Nerf bar.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Holy **** Josh it looks amazing! I get a lot of flack about my love for matching trailers, but
That color combo and matching wheels is the icing on the cake.

Better leave plenty of time at stops for all of the questions, comments and pictures
people will be inquiring to you about the trailer and your Toyota.

Excellent build my friend!

TheJosh

Explorer
Wow. That looks really nice. So straight and square!

Looks great!!! Worth the wait, I'd say.

Oh, and I like the silver;)

Holy **** Josh it looks amazing! I get a lot of flack about my love for matching trailers, but
That color combo and matching wheels is the icing on the cake.

Better leave plenty of time at stops for all of the questions, comments and pictures
people will be inquiring to you about the trailer and your Toyota.

Excellent build my friend!

Thank you guys! Its blows my mind how wells it came out. It seriously looks like a brand new trailer and I love the color matching. I can't wait to bring it to pismo in a few weeks!

Here is a few more close up pics

IMG_20130907_121047_zps6c7bbebd.jpg

IMG_20130907_121057_zpsf5bdc9f9.jpg

IMG_20130907_121115_zpsa5509632.jpg

IMG_20130907_121120_zpsd32a54ef.jpg

IMG_20130907_121131_zps81be3db7.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94