The Greatest Pajero Video Ever Made!

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I 'spose I can't dispute that.

I've don't know that I've ever seen a better one.

LOVE THE VIDEO!!!!! I grew up in Washinton county (Blair NE) and learned to drive on that greasy stuff in my 77 chevy half ton. Brought back a lot of fun memories of beating the crap out of my and my friends vehicles! Its amazing how the back roads turn from hard pack to slop in two hours of rain. I cant finish this with out stating GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:victory:

Robinsvoyage

LOVE THE VIDEO!!!!! I grew up in Washinton county (Blair NE) and learned to drive on that greasy stuff in my 77 chevy half ton. Brought back a lot of fun memories of beating the crap out of my and my friends vehicles! Its amazing how the back roads turn from hard pack to slop in two hours of rain. I cant finish this with out stating GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:victory:

Yeah.. I'm a transplant, but I know when it's PC to wear Red and on what days. LOL.. They love their college football..

My other car is a 92 Ford Bronco XLT... but the MK1 seems to be a much better four-wheel drive. You'll note all four of her wheels spin when in gear. Kind of cool.

Robin

sami

Explorer
It sure looks like a dirt road to me....do we need to tread lightly on roads as well?

REX

Since when was Tread Lightly not meant for roads? Isn't a trail simply a less travelled road? Either way, driving through mud can cause rutting in the road.. Which is not good.

Right from Tread Lightly:
-When possible, avoid mud. Save wet, muddy trails for another day when they are dry. If you do come upon mud on the trail, don't widen the trail by going around it. Drive through it by going easy on the gas to avoid wheel spin, which can cause rutting.

I'm certainly not trying to pick an arguement. More just trying to provide tips on proper travel habits. I can understand filming the Mitsubishi drive the road once, maybe twice if you had to come back the way you came.. But it sure seemed like there was alot of unnecessary turning around, driving off the road, and frolicking through the mud.

Last edited:

Justice R

Adventurer
Lol

I find it Ironic that your calling this guy out for not treading lightly when your avatar displays a picture of what I assume is your rig executing water crossing at excessive speed....Just saying.:snorkel:

sami

Explorer
I find it Ironic that your calling this guy out for not treading lightly when your avatar displays a picture of what I assume is your rig executing water crossing at excessive speed....Just saying.:snorkel:

Excessive speed.. right..

Here's my opinion of what excessive speed through a water crossing/puddle looks like:

XO2Y8156.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

Here is my water crossing last July 4th:

2691168903_f54c6bd60e_b.jpg

Robinsvoyage

If I really believed I was doing more damage than one of these....

jdfarm1.jpg

then I would say I was horribly wrong... but know that I don't go running down animals or destroying plants. All that grass you see around cornfields is better referred to as weeds.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Since when was Tread Lightly not meant for roads? Isn't a trail simply a less travelled road? Either way, driving through mud can cause rutting in the road.. Which is not good.

I'm certainly not trying to pick an arguement. More just trying to provide tips on proper travel habits. I can understand filming the Mitsubishi drive the road once, maybe twice if you had to come back the way you came.. But it sure seemed like there was alot of unnecessary turning around, driving off the road, and frolicking through the mud.

:xxrotflma:jump::xxrotflma

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader

i agree here. sorry guys. We portal'rs likely can see that this is not a sensitive "natural", "wilderness" area.

But that doesn't really matter does it?

Displaying excessive un-needed forays OFF-TRAIL is irresponsible. This is a well-made video that was very entertaining, and if I were a kid that was being introduced to offroading, I would likely understand that driving off-trail is "ok" without knowing the difference.

I honestly think you should either either edit the forays off-trail or remove your video from the portal.

-Brian

p.s. And understand, I find no problem with mud-driving or water-crossings like sami's photo, or in the video, before the u-turns and big sweeps through the grass. When done responsibly, there really are no ill-effects that i find objectionable.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94