The Gnarhauler: Another white cargo van.

i bike

More photos
1d3eed016d865d0eea815deeb7498cb5.jpg

bda0e52cb789d49d36c52c29015c45bf.jpg

1885c81846c536a424b5afcae2741912.jpg

474c176be636f789453d7b10e9d36e06.jpg

dc8ab2172a22f3395c9270aee0e63e33.jpg

7d719ba7f24441526a44cb15b6129f63.jpg

ea39c8688edf50df3ff9f493affd6cea.jpg

20390a127d27d78eaa4954172b3ed8d6.jpg

69cc6e65f14c43ca16f46e533f3c7686.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WVI

Adventurer
That really looks cool in that color!
What model Bushwhacker flares are these and where did you purchase them????

i bike

That really looks cool in that color!
What model Bushwhacker flares are these and where did you purchase them????

Thanks.

Fronts are the 22003-11
Rears are the 22004-11 (get the 22006-11 if you have a sliding side door).

I got one set from Walmart, had a gift card to use. The others came from JC Whitney. Both sets were about $215 each, delivered to my door.

Reactions: WVI

blakeape

Adventurer
Your van looks amazing! I just shot raptor liner on a couple bumpers I built for Toyotas. Really impressed with the product and ease of application. I plan on shooting my 1998 E350 one day also.
strong work Mister

Sigg

This looks really good, man. It's crazy how much changing the color from the ubiquitous white does for the appearance. Good work! Sounds like it was a LOT of it too…

i bike

This looks really good, man. It's crazy how much changing the color from the ubiquitous white does for the appearance. Good work! Sounds like it was a LOT of it too…

Thanks, and yes, it was an absurd amount of work. The good new is it’s behind me, and any other van projects won’t seem as bad now!

Funny enough when I was shopping for vans I wanted any color but white. I finally succumbed when I couldn’t find any that checked all the other boxes and still fit in my budget. Turned out the paint on this van wasn’t as good as I had originally thought, which is what prompted the project.

So in the end it all worked out and I got my not white van after all!

another_mike

Adventurer
You did a great job on the finish. I’m impressed you did it right by removing trim and windows.

but now you have to edit your title :LOL:

The gnarhauler: Gnot another white cargo van.

Sigg

Thanks, and yes, it was an absurd amount of work. The good new is it’s behind me, and any other van projects won’t seem as bad now!

Funny enough when I was shopping for vans I wanted any color but white. I finally succumbed when I couldn’t find any that checked all the other boxes and still fit in my budget. Turned out the paint on this van wasn’t as good as I had originally thought, which is what prompted the project.

So in the end it all worked out and I got my not white van after all!

Haha. I hear that! It was so hard to find an ABW (anything but white) van. I thought I lucked out and found a low-mileage, Toreador Red church van. First order of business was getting the giant letters of the sides/back. Turns out cutting/polishing and even wet sanding did nothing. The letters had somehow damaged the paint down to bare metal. So, now I’m prepping to Monstaliner the whole thing.

How’d you settle on the Raptor Liner?

i bike

Haha. I hear that! It was so hard to find an ABW (anything but white) van. I thought I lucked out and found a low-mileage, Toreador Red church van. First order of business was getting the giant letters of the sides/back. Turns out cutting/polishing and even wet sanding did nothing. The letters had somehow damaged the paint down to bare metal. So, now I’m prepping to Monstaliner the whole thing.

How’d you settle on the Raptor Liner?

When I first started kicking around the idea of painting it I was originally thinking a traditional base coat/clear coat paint job. I got to talking to a friend who’s in the hot rod business and he suggested Raptor for its ease of application, durability and cost. I went with Raptor over the other liner brands because I really liked the idea of being able to adjust the texture. All the others seemed to be just one type of heavy, textured finish.

Raptors also nice because it’s readily available as well. Both the auto paint supply shops in my area have it on the shelf in both black and tintable, plus you can get it delivered from Amazon within a day or so.

i bike

You did a great job on the finish. I’m impressed you did it right by removing trim and windows.

but now you have to edit your title :LOL:

The gnarhauler: Gnot another white cargo van.

Thanks. Nothing screams “half-ass” more to me with a wrap or paint job than when you open the door and the jambs are a different color.

The windows needed to come out anyway, I had pop outs from a passenger van I’d been sitting on I needed to get installed so it worked out to do it all at the same time.

Good point on the thread title, I like you’re suggestion.

Sigg

Thanks. Nothing screams “half-ass” more to me with a wrap or paint job than when you open the door and the jambs are a different color.

Couldn't agree more. At this point, it's the one reason I'm grateful my van wasn't white to begin with, as I just plan to color-match the liner and leave the jambs painted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles