The Ghost Truck

Junichi

Sorry can't figure out how to PM- any chance you have had error codes P0156 and P0158 on your Tundra- for oxygen sensor 2 on bank 2? Replacement sensor didn't work - haven't had luck figuring this out, even at the dealer!

Kya

Adventurer
Sorry can't figure out how to PM- any chance you have had error codes P0156 and P0158 on your Tundra- for oxygen sensor 2 on bank 2? Replacement sensor didn't work - haven't had luck figuring this out, even at the dealer!

Wish I could help you out, but I have not had those error codes before. Sorry, I'm not even the right guy to help you troubleshoot it either. Sounds way past my skill or knowledge level, which doesn't take much!

Kya

Adventurer
This place is always incredible. Being solo, and still intimidated by the difficult trails we just cruised the vastness of the desert.
unnamed-11.jpg

unnamed-2 2.jpg

unnamed-3.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

Chicken Corners
unnamed-4.jpg

unnamed-13.jpg

unnamed-9.jpg

Near Mineral Point
unnamed-5.jpg

unnamed-6.jpg

Not Hawaii but this still counts!
unnamed-2.jpg

Kya

Adventurer
Update: Finally got the rear Harpo Elocker installed. Went to CODE 4x4 in Rifle, CO. Chris there is great, and was true to his word on timing and cost.

Also got the Solo Motorsports 4x4 spindles on. I needed some help with this one and just used my regular local service shop. Biggest issue I ran into during the install was drilling out the tapered lower ball joint hole on the stock LCA. You need to drill out the hole to a 1" straight hole, which was a ***** and took a long time. Then you need to weld in a spacer for the hole which keeps the now lower 1"uniball bolt in place. Only other thing to be aware of if you go this route, there is no spot to reconnect the front ABS sensor. So, you loose the ABS. Not a huge deal, but at least something to be aware of. Surprisingly my 285/75 r17 tires rub more now with the Solo spindles than with stock. I've trimmed the pinch weld as far as I dare to go. Hoping to work up the nerve, and skill, to tub the fender well for 35's before the spring.

I'll be selling the stock spindles for anyone who wants to try the TC gussets. Make me an offer.....
I'll also be trying to sell the stock differential. I believe it is a limited slip version. Make an offer.....

So, now I'm thinking of heading to Moab this weekend to test out these new goods. I'm bachelor style this weekend (wife and daughter in Boulder). I was thinking of trying Fins and Things and Top of the World, since my wife won't have to hear all the metal scraping. If anyone will be in the area give a shout (nine seven zero, four zero one, zero five one nine). Would be cool meet up with some fellow 1gen Tundra dudes. I could probable learn a lot from you guys. I'm definitely nervous running these trails solo, but figure there will be lots of people out and about on the trails.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Wow. Just found this page from your comment on mine lol. Looks like you been in the tundra game way long than me. Love seeing how often you get out too. I remember those days when I had less bills and didn't work as much lol.

Your rubbing might just be an alignment issue. Get a custom alignment done. Ask them to set your caster to has much positive as it will go while still be with in specs on the camber.

I too went with harrop locker. Haven't used it yet but excited to. Hope you are regearing sometime as the locker. Now be a good time. Especially if you plan to go 35s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kya

Adventurer
Summer wheeling and campering fun. Transitioning to fall out here in Colorado. Just took the camper off tonight for the season. Always makes me a little sad when that happens :(
A quick cruise up Hardscrabble Mt. Red Table in the distance.
unnamed-2.jpg

Biking and camping in Fruita.
unnamed 2.jpgunnamed-1.jpg

Lead King Basin and the town of Crystal.

unnamed-3.jpgunnamed.jpgunnamed-6.jpg
unnamed-7.jpg
Winter is right around the corner!
unnamed-8.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Kya

Adventurer
Tighter than it looks driving this tank!unnamed-4.jpgunnamed-1 2.jpg

Mcallister Gulch from Camp Hale into Redcliff.
IMG_8756.jpgIMG_8744.JPG IMG_8749.jpg

Summit of Resolution Mountain. We ski off this peak a lot in winter. Waz cool to drive up it. The views are spectacular in any season!
IMG_8734.JPG

smokeysevin

Observer
Are you using stock outer tie rod ends or doing the heim steering upgrade at the same time?

How long did it take for your kit to get made?

Sean

Kya

Adventurer
I have the Solo spindles with the heim steering upgrade. Took about 4 weeks for the kit to get made and delivered. They were accurate to their estimate and communicated well.

Kya

Adventurer
We've been wheeling a lot this fall. The weather and leaves have been fantastic. The past two weekends we've done Pearl Pass (Aspen to Crested Butte) and the Lead King Basin loop out of Marble. When airing up after Lead King I noticed the lower Uniball on the passenger side looked a little loose and steering felt a little sloppy. Apparently that was not the problem. The passenger side steering rack mount was totally ripped off! The truck is at trusty CODE 4x4 in Rifle, CO. These guys have been so amazing and so easy to work with no matter what. I'll update with pictures as they help put the steering back together. Something for all the other 1st gen Tundra owners to keep an eye on. I know most of you guys could fabricate a fix, or maybe a reinforcement kit is something to consider (?)
MC-Tundra-01.jpg
MC-Tundra-02.jpgMC-Tundra-03.jpgMC-Tundra-04.jpg

smokeysevin

Observer
Also look at your alignment cams, they look to fit on the loose side. Mine are like that as well and I am looking to make a replacement piece to fix it. You may be able to hear a clunk when turning the wheel while the truck is not moving.

Sean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles