The future of US FG4X4s

Sixinarow

Adventurer
Does anyone follow new model year news?

In my quest for an FG I learned, (how true it is, I don't know) from my local dealer, that the '16s were having some emissions issues and they never received any or will. He did say the 2017s should be here late summer/early fall.

Now, I know we could go on and on about finding an older one to avoid emissions and ULSD problems. I'd rather not go into that. However, believe me, if I can find an older, non-emissions equipped FG for the right price, I'll jump on it. I liked the 2008 I drove but 200,000 miles and a 5-speed that seemed tough to shift made me pass.

I'd be able to find a '14 or '15 if *some company* wasn't buying them all up.

Anyway, I'd like to concentrate on the future of these trucks because that's all we'll have when the older ones get run into the ground.

So, what have you heard? Any more emissions issues? Things the '17s will have over the '15s? Any styling redesigns?

Crewcab? (hahahaha)

Thanks

Last edited:

Mock Tender

Adventurer
The word I got from two different dealer mechanics was that that little California sticker on the driver side door is 60% of a time a lie. You can't get any new FG's because they can't pass the emissions testing at, I forget- either 50k or 100k miles. That is why the winter kit (first due in August, then fall then December, then etc. etc.) has been suspended. When the powers at be, finally come up with a cure, a major recall and redesign will be made. The later the models, the less that needs to be done. But, it will be major. The docks in Baltimore and LA area have the vehicles, just won't ship them. I was told late March or April. Well it won't be March- unless they meant 2017.

Mark

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
What makes the 4x4 different from the rest of the Fuso lineup? Same motor and emissions stuff, right?

Decanter

Adventurer
It's not because they're changing to a 5 speed manual and low range in '17 and clearing out old models?

Edit: The lawsuit stems from a company that looks like they do a lot of stop and go / idle usage. And it's 2012's they're referring to. I'm not sure why after 3 strikes for the same thing they didn't lemon law the vehicles. I've done that on an 08 Dodge 6.7 I had. However my check wasn't as big as a class action might be I guess.

Last edited:

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Interesting. I'd like to find out exactly what was going on...I'll look into this further when I get home. I wonder if the trucks in question missed out on the new software updates?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior