The full sized mid-size, my 2014 F150 "Fiddy"

justbecause

perpetually lost
@Jnich77

The F150 has reasonable aftermarket as well. It's no Tacoma or Wrangler, but it's not as orphaned as a Nissan when it comes to non OEM "upgrades"

Nissan has almost the full ARB catalog available. As far as I know you cant even get an ARB bumper for any model f150... which until very recently was a total no starter for me. My next truck is going to be full size and as light as weight possible while still getting a slide in truck camper.

My main guess would be due to the design of the ARB they didn’t want to mess with the intercooler on EcoBoost/Powerstroke trucks. One of ARB’s “advantages” is something to do with airbag compatibility or sensors, and I would assume they’d either need to compromise that or the intercooler location so they opted to skip it.

lbarcher

Adventurer
Do they even get the F150 down under? I couldn't see them producing something that fit
a product they can't buy or was really similar to something they have.

ITTOG

I continue to exist.

Fiddy started like a champ every six hours or so. Didn't get stuck enough to need to shovel. The snow was the icey crystals where the wheels want to dig.
Love it. I sure wish I lived in the north for experiences like this. Best I can do on a consistent basis within 8 hours is temps in the teens (F).

D

Deleted member 9101

Do they even get the F150 down under? I couldn't see them producing something that fit
a product they can't buy or was really similar to something they have.

They do sell them in Australia... Buuut they are expensive.

Grassland

I've generally found ARB to have tasteful looking bumpers.
Unlike Iron Cross oversized monstrosity.
But yeah I guess Ranger is largest they have out there. Tacoma Ranger Frontier etc.

@ITTOG that's below freezing at least. Depending on what you are up to it's cold enough. -8 to -10°C
In any case, I'm not planning on camping when the forecast is -25°C or colder as an overnight low again. Even with the stove. Merely surviving unharmed isn't exactly the most enjoyable way to pass time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94