The First Gen Pickup/Hilux (79-83) Thread

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
I figured we should have a special place for these special little trucks.

Here is mine:
Thunder the Wonder Truck
1983 Short bed SR5
22R, L52, A/C, Power Steering.

Last edited:

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
Nice one MoGas!! If you painted that thing it would be so nice! I washed and waxed my truck for the first time tonight. It completely changed the look of my truck! I'll post pictures tomorrow. I'm glad we have this thread. Maybe some others will join in!

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
I washed and waxed the cab a few days ago. The 896 blue metallic is really nice with a little polish.

Rot Box

Explorer
Polish? Wax? Hmm.. what's that? lol :coffeedrink:

Here's the Rot Box. I spent a lot of time exploring UT, ID, WY and MT in this rig and some of my best memories come from that.

I hate to see it sit, but sadly it's not a double cab or I'd still be driving it.

20R- G52 5speed- Marlin 4.7's with twin stick- 5.29/5.38 R&P's- Waggy D44 front axle- IFS rear axle with spacers- F150 rear springs.

DSC00743_zpsb0e1e274.jpg

22065_100246063342486_1000007127746.jpg

DSC00785_zpsdbd523ca.jpg

Last edited:

TenaciousTJ

Explorer
My 1980 SR5. Have a set of FJ steelies, new black carpet kit, and front winch bumper to install when I'm not feeling so lazy. The canopy is gone, and will be replaced by a black canvas Softopper.

7uqatasu.jpg

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
Nice one Zatara! I hope mine is that nice one day! Just a tad taller with some bigger meats and maybe a set of clean bumpers!

I started ordered parts of my lift the other day. Old Man Emu front springs are on their way right now, but I haven't decided what to do with the next paycheck. Either shocks, shackles, or rear AAL? Maybe shocks because I may wait and keep saving so I can buy the actual rear springs and not just AAL's. They are $169 a piece before shipping which is about $80. So this plus that, carry the one, round to the nearest whole number: $420 :eek:

Anyway here's some snow pictures from this week:

26f75cd7-5699-49ee-886b-cb73f34c3ec3.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
Truck looks great! When are you gonna order your OME, Derek? I plan to finish mine up with my taxes then try to get some 4.88 with a Spartan for the rear and some 33s. But it may take me awhile because work hasn't exactly picked back up yet.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
This is good looking. I am sure with the steelies and softtopper its going to be even better.
My 1980 SR5. Have a set of FJ steelies, new black carpet kit, and front winch bumper to install when I'm not feeling so lazy. The canopy is gone, and will be replaced by a black canvas Softopper.

7uqatasu.jpg

Derek24

Explorer
Truck looks great! When are you gonna order your OME, Derek? I plan to finish mine up with my taxes then try to get some 4.88 with a Spartan for the rear and some 33s. But it may take me awhile because work hasn't exactly picked back up yet.

Probably within a week I'll order it up. I need some help because I will be taking my bed off at the same time to clean the frame of mud and dirt, might even plan out a flatbed. Ahh I'll just the girlfriend to help me take off the bed,MIT be good for her!

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
Probably within a week I'll order it up. I need some help because I will be taking my bed off at the same time to clean the frame of mud and dirt, might even plan out a flatbed. Ahh I'll just the girlfriend to help me take off the bed,MIT be good for her!

Good stuff man! My gf likes to help sometimes, but if its cold outside she won't even consider coming to the shop. Lol. I really need to pull my bed off and clean. I'll probably do it when I put my lift on also.

Edit: It just hit me. Flatbed? In which direction are you making the flat bed? A larger one for hauling etc. or a small offroad looking flat bed? I always wanted something like this:

image.jpg

Last edited:

Derek24

Explorer
Good stuff man! My gf likes to help sometimes, but if its cold outside she won't even consider coming to the shop. Lol. I really need to pull my bed off and clean. I'll probably do it when I put my lift on also.

Edit: It just hit me. Flatbed? In which direction are you making the flat bed? A larger one for hauling etc. or a small offroad looking flat bed? I always wanted something like this:

View attachment 209949

I'd like to do a more of a usable flatbed as this is my main truck. Still need to haul wood and all that. Just found this site and is exactly the way I pictured it. Just wonder how much these beds cost? But something along this line.

http://www.uteltd.com/pg-bed/21-old-new.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online