• Big Muskie

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Ed Muskie

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
He's a slippery Musk, that one.

Hmmmmm, Musky and slippery....Oh boy, that’s distractingly making me think of something else, something completely different that where this Musky thread is going right now. Where were we again?

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Hey! What about the Original Big Muskie?

Now wait a dad gum minute! As far as our Poll here, how the heck did we miss including this once famous guy, Big Ed Muskie, aka Big Ed, aka the Big Muskie, aka El Musko Grande?

While unfortunately he may not have had a very electric personality, and has long faded into obscurity without leaving much of a memorable positive or negative legacy, many voters did get quite a charge out of his candidacy in ‘72, so I think you can agree that he certainly once was about as musky as one could ever be and therefore he needs to be added to our poll.

(Maybe we should do a poll to determine whether he should be added to our poll?)

773075CF-3DAF-4847-BB32-941C09138498.jpeg773075CF-3DAF-4847-BB32-941C09138498.jpeg10BBFA3F-C848-4913-807E-41AA88B8B2D5.jpeg

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
More Musky Musings...

I mean, really, this pertinent entry from Wikipedia says it all as far as why this former, wildly unsuccessful Secretary of State deserves Poll inclusion.

Anyone who’s musky enough to have gained fame for, among other things, having (and surviving) hallucinations definitely belongs in this thread, doncha think?

“In April 1953, while working on renovations for his family home in Waterville, Muskie broke through a balcony railing falling two flights of stairs. He landed on his back [and was knocked] unconscious. He was rushed to the hospital where he remained unconscious for two days.Doctors believed that he was in a coma so [edit...after a battery of tests] they gave him comatose-specific medication which caused him to regain consciousness but start to hallucinate. Muskie tried to jump out of the hospital window but was restrained by staff members.”

(Why do people suffering hallucinations in hospitals always seem to want to jump out of the window?)

1575885189320.jpeg

and the Musk goes on, di di di dada, and the Musk goes on...

Last edited:

docwatson

Adventurer
Does Elon's driving affect your opinion of him?

Honestly I don't care that much about the pylon, just interesting to see the Cybertruck on the street.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Does Elon's driving affect your opinion of him?

Honestly I don't care that much about the pylon, just interesting to see the Cybertruck on the street.

Ah, so that's the reason: He wanted something for himself. He should have bought a copy of the Truckla instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles