The Dometic CFX3 Mega Thread

67cj5

Man On a Mission
In what situation would you need to have the fridge plugged in to AC and DC at the same time?
The whole Idea of having both leads plugged in originally came from people who Live off Grid or in RV's or even bugout situations, In that with both leads plugged in at the same time is for when the Grid goes down or a Generator runs out of fuel the Fridge should Automatically Switch over to 12v DC therefore Avoiding the Food from Spoiling,

Every Dometic has had this feature since it was invented up until Now because the CFX3 has a wiring problem where if you plug in both leads at the same time it self distructs, Why the CFX3 versions do this does not make sense because the CFX Model before the CFX3 worked perfectly, Surely the simple thing to do would be to wire up the CFX3 the same way they did with the CFX, But NO Dometic idea of a Quick Fix was to tell people not to plug in Both Leads at the Same Time,

Either way The CFX3 Range of Fridges are DEFECTIVE and do Not Run As They Were Originally Intended to, But people won't listen and they ignore the fact, So like a Domestic Fridge If Your AC Power Fails during the Night you better hope and pray that you wake up Soon so you can plug the CFX3 in to another power source.

All earlier Dometic AC/DC Fridges had this feature and it worked well and all the other Top Brands have it and they work Great, Every model Except the CFX3 Range.

I would rather buy a Cheap Clone from China for $150 to $200 than buy the CFX3 even if it cost $150.00 I still would not buy a CFX3,

19mystic96

The whole Idea of having both leads plugged in originally came from people who Live off Grid or in RV's or even SHTF situations, In that with both leads plugged in at the same time is for when the Grid goes down or a Generator runs out of fuel the Fridge should Automatically Switch over to 12v DC therefore Avoiding the Food from Spoiling,

Every Dometic has had this feature since it was invented up until Now because the CFX3 has a wiring problem where if you plug in both leads at the same time it self distructs, Why the CFX3 versions do this does not make sense because the CFX Model before the CFX3 worked perfectly, Surely the simple thing to do would be to wire up the CFX3 the same way they did with the CFX, But NO Dometic idea of a Quick Fix was to tell people not to plug in Both Leads at the Same Time,

Either way The CFX3 Range of Fridges are DEFECTIVE and do Not Run As They Were Originally Intended to, But people won't listen and they ignore the fact, So like a Domestic Fridge If Your AC Power Fails during the Night you better hope and pray that you wake up Soon so you can plug the CFX3 in to another power source.

All earlier Dometic AC/DC Fridges had this feature and it worked well and all the other Top Brands have it and they work Great, Every model Except the CFX3 Range.

I would rather buy a Cheap Clone from China for $150 to $200 than buy the CFX3 even if it cost $150.00 I still would not buy a CFX3,

Very interesting. Never would've even thought of that situation. Learned something new today. Thanks for that.

Stinky Peeps

You may have missed it but at SEMA back in November we launched and shared our new CFX3 powered coolers.

There is something for everyone depending on your use and space considerations

View attachment 561880

Some key improvements over the previous CFX coolers:
  • Updated appearance
  • Improved lids and handles
  • Fender frame protected edges so it will stand up to more abuse
  • Eliminated the dairy compartment to create more usable space
  • Brand new user interface - better resolution
  • Fully wrapped evaporator
  • Bluetooth and wifi control from a much improved phone app - temperature control, diagnostics, temperature and energy consumption history
  • Now includes a 5 year warranty (CFX was 2 years)
One of the big changes is that the CFX3 55IM makes ice! It has a freeze plate and includes silicone ice trays so you can make your favorite beverage on the rocks all while being off-grid.

All our units are available now at shop.dometic.com for pre-order. Shipments start February 1, 2020.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com
Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $
The whole Idea of having both leads plugged in originally came from people who Live off Grid or in RV's or even bugout situations, In that with both leads plugged in at the same time is for when the Grid goes down or a Generator runs out of fuel the Fridge should Automatically Switch over to 12v DC therefore Avoiding the Food from Spoiling,

The CFX3 stuff is a disaster. Just got a CFX3 25--connectivity via bluetooth and wifi wouldn't work. Dometic Tech support has basically like tuff shizz. They did provide a copy of the manual (which I already had). And a copy of a manual for resetting telling me to get the secret 619(?) App--the hard reset didn't work to access the hidden menu and the app couldn't scan the QR code. So more non-functional apps. To paraphrase MC 900 Foot Jesus "This piece of junk's going back to the factory." DOMETIC--YOUR PRODUCT STINKS. A shame because my older stuff from them was great. AVOID.

RacerAV

So I got home from a week long trip yesterday and started unpacking. Noticed my 55IM and Goal Zero were really quiet. Too quiet. Opened the fridge up, food and drinks didn’t fare so well in the 10+ hour drive through 115 deg heat. So instead of unpacking I started trouble shooting. The Goal Zero DC works with my phone charger. The fridge works with just the AC plugged into the GZ. The battery is at 68%. Fuse in the Dometic DC cord is fine.

What am I missing here? Super frustrated. Glad I didn’t get to my camp to realize it was broken. It worked fine all week. I just bought the 55im for this trip! It’s new.

Naveronski

So I got home from a week long trip yesterday and started unpacking. Noticed my 55IM and Goal Zero were really quiet. Too quiet. Opened the fridge up, food and drinks didn’t fare so well in the 10+ hour drive through 115 deg heat. So instead of unpacking I started trouble shooting. The Goal Zero DC works with my phone charger. The fridge works with just the AC plugged into the GZ. The battery is at 68%. Fuse in the Dometic DC cord is fine.

What am I missing here? Super frustrated. Glad I didn’t get to my camp to realize it was broken. It worked fine all week. I just bought the 55im for this trip! It’s new.
Was the fridge showing a low voltage alarm or anything?

Adjake

Just wanted to share my Dometic service experience. Last weekend my cfx3-45 started acting up. The temp display was showing warm and not coming down. I also noticed that my solar battery setup was loosing power much faster than it should. Turns out the compressor wasn't shutting down and the few things I had in the fridge were frozen. I ended up unplugging it for a day. Plugged it back in and after an hour the display was 45-55 but internal temp was 75-80. This was set at 38 this whole time. Before this It had been running like a champ for a long time.
I contacted the place I bought it from on a Friday or Saturday, they contacted Dometic and told me I should hear from them by Monday. I got an email overnight and read it on Tuesday. I had a brand new replacement CFX3-45 on Friday.

This was very surprising to me excellent service. Needless to say I am very pleased. I was surely expecting to have to bring it to a service center and wait who knows how long for service and parts etc.
I will undoubtedly be buying Dometic again in the future when needed.

Thank you Dometic

RacerAV

Was the fridge showing a low voltage alarm or anything?
That's my problem, no clue. Just got home to an OFF fridge. The Goal Zero was still at 68% so I plugged the AC Dometic cord to the GZ, and on it went, no problems... seems like just my DC cable crapped out, hoping its that and not something INSIDE the fridge.

Blue Spruce

My first post but I lurk a lot. not sure where to turn or if Dometic monitors this thread?

bought a CFX395DZ on Black Friday sale from Moosejaw last year. I’ve been working on a trailer build and finally got it finished this summer. The CFX was used inside around the holidays for drink storage and to test it out. Worked fine.

first trip with the new camper. Tow it about an hour away And get set up. CFX errors with warning code 11. Faulty thermostat. Shut it down and turned it back on with no change. One side isn’t holding temp.

I try calling Dometic on Friday morning before Labor Day. Go through there multiple prompts. never get ahold of anyone. Call all the numbers I can find and nothing. do more reading and they say to bring it back to the place it was purchased. get back and head to moosejaw. Their response is we don’t know what to do with it. They take the cooler, offer to contact Dometic and ship it where it needs to be shipped. That was 2 weeks ago. I checked with them a few days ago and they had not heard from Dometic yet. I emailed Dometic a few days ago and no response.

I have a $1500+ cooler with a 5 year warranty that worked for maybe 4 hours. And a supposed “premium“ brand that won’t respond to anyone. I’m not sure if my problem is with moosejaw or Dometic but at the moment neither are impressive.

any ideas or help is appreciated.

19mystic96

Hopefully @Dometic will make this right
My first post but I lurk a lot. not sure where to turn or if Dometic monitors this thread?

bought a CFX395DZ on Black Friday sale from Moosejaw last year. I’ve been working on a trailer build and finally got it finished this summer. The CFX was used inside around the holidays for drink storage and to test it out. Worked fine.

first trip with the new camper. Tow it about an hour away And get set up. CFX errors with warning code 11. Faulty thermostat. Shut it down and turned it back on with no change. One side isn’t holding temp.

I try calling Dometic on Friday morning before Labor Day. Go through there multiple prompts. never get ahold of anyone. Call all the numbers I can find and nothing. do more reading and they say to bring it back to the place it was purchased. get back and head to moosejaw. Their response is we don’t know what to do with it. They take the cooler, offer to contact Dometic and ship it where it needs to be shipped. That was 2 weeks ago. I checked with them a few days ago and they had not heard from Dometic yet. I emailed Dometic a few days ago and no response.

I have a $1500+ cooler with a 5 year warranty that worked for maybe 4 hours. And a supposed “premium“ brand that won’t respond to anyone. I’m not sure if my problem is with moosejaw or Dometic but at the moment neither are impressive.

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor

I'm unsure what was going on with the phone and email support, but I can escalate this for you. I'll send you a direct message to you now (y)

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Blue Spruce

I'm unsure what was going on with the phone and email support, but I can escalate this for you. I'll send you a direct message to you now (y)

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com
Thanks! Your rep emailed right away and gave me a possible simple fix. I finally got a chance to get to moosejaw to pick up the cooler. Completed the simple fix that was outlined and it seems to be working again.

thanks again for escalating it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94