The Dometic CFX3 Mega Thread

u00mem9

If it helps, I can confirm that the CFX3 75DZ does indeed shunt to AC power when present on mine.
That does help. I reset it, and reviewed the manual. It does state it should prioritize AC supply. (of course just like the CFX40 manual, it also says not to plug in both cables despite advertising the feature)

It seems to be working now. Watching the meter it seems to handle the hand-off back and forth from DC -> AC , and vice versa less smoothly than the old unit with some voltage spikes. I'll just start using it as intended and see if problems arise.

bicycleagent003

Hold That Thought

If you are considering purchasing a Dometic CFX3 refrigerator, please note that the well advertised app which Dometic touts will allow owners to control their fridge has 26 reviews and only an average rating of 1.8 stars on Google Play (as of June 11, 2020). The app does not appear to play well with Android devices.

I bought a Dometic CFX3 fridge last month, and I am currently trying to get some assistance from Dometic in sorting this out. So far, the app will not find my fridge and the app is inoperable. Dometic has been responsive thus far with friendly and prompt emails - but no solutions or efforts to solve that I am aware of.

I will update this post with further information as my situation evolves. Just wanted to let others know what they're signing up for before purchase.

Last edited:

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Just received and installed my new Dometic CFX3 IM. Place in the back of my 2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU. Plugged into cigarette lighter via included cable. Filled refrigerator with 24 chilled bottles of water and went for a drive.
2.5 hours later temperatures in fridge does not want to get below 37 degrees F. Parked Jeep overnight and apparently the power shut off the fridge at 12.2 volts (medium setting)
Started the Jeep, no problem fridge turned back on automatically and displayed a temperature of 39 degrees within about 15 minutes. Still unable to get fridge below 37 after several hours.
Jeep is parked in driveway on slight grade outside temp 70 degrees. Am I doing something wrong?

When the cooler was shipped to you there is a chance it, at some point, was stood up on end. If so, unplug everything, put it in the correct orientation and let sit for 3 hours. Fire it back up and set it to the temp you want.

The above said there are some variables that will impact cooling. A few questions to pose:

What temp is it set to?
What is 37 degrees displaying via the display, app, or were you able to measure it by some other means?
Is there anything in it?
Is the ice maker on?

Thanks for the additional info!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

Riptyd64

When the cooler was shipped to you there is a chance it, at some point, was stood up on end. If so, unplug everything, put it in the correct orientation and let sit for 3 hours. Fire it back up and set it to the temp you want.

The above said there are some variables that will impact cooling. A few questions to pose:

What temp is it set to?
What is 37 degrees displaying via the display, app, or were you able to measure it by some other means?
Is there anything in it?
Is the ice maker on?

Thanks for the additional info!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

The temp is set to 35 degrees. The fridge has 24 bottles of water, 6 cans of beer, 4 cans of monster and six cans of soda,
The ice maker is not on.
The temp on the display and on the app do not seem to be able to get below 37 degrees. Have not used a thermometer in fridge yet.
Despite using a newer (<6 month old) Optima yellow top battery. It seems to be shutting down sometime between midnight and 6am even when battery saver is set to low.
In addition to every thing else, it would appear that I will need a dual battery setup if I wish to leave fridge on all the time. Have not decided whether to go parallel or isolated.

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Hold That Thought

If you are considering purchasing a Dometic CFX3 refrigerator, please note that the well advertised app which Dometic touts will allow owners to control their fridge has 26 reviews and only an average rating of 1.8 stars on Google Play (as of June 11, 2020). The app does not appear to play well with Android devices.

I bought a Dometic CFX3 fridge last month, and I am currently trying to get some assistance from Dometic in sorting this out. So far, the app will not find my fridge and the app is inoperable. Dometic has been responsive thus far with friendly and prompt emails - but no solutions or efforts to solve that I am aware of.

I will update this post with further information as my situation evolves. Just wanted to let others know what they're signing up for before purchase.

Did you download the CFX app? or the CFX3 app?

CFX3 is what you want. Syncs with my Android perfectly.

One thing Dometic really got right was this app. Far better than say the Renogy app (and I'm a Renogy fanboi).

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Hold That Thought

Yeah - I've escalated this with our team and they, in turn, have reached out to the development team to escalate. Software issues are a bear sometimes to track down but I'll follow up here when I get some type of update from the team.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

michlong

well had a Dometic cfx3 75dz about 3 weeks, currently seriously considering returning it. It will not maintain correct temperature while on 12v (actually tells me it is receiving 13.7v)l. We use it as a backup in our RV as well as in the back of my truck, we arrived back last night to find it still receiving 13.7v but sat at 70 degrees. $1400 waste of money right now. (works fine on 120v which is hardly the point)

67cj5

Man On a Mission
well had a Dometic cfx3 75dz about 3 weeks, currently seriously considering returning it. It will not maintain correct temperature while on 12v (actually tells me it is receiving 13.7v)l. We use it as a backup in our RV as well as in the back of my truck, we arrived back last night to find it still receiving 13.7v but sat at 70 degrees. $1400 waste of money right now. (works fine on 120v which is hardly the point)
I was going to sell my ARB's to buy the same fridge you have but it seems that a lot of you guys are having issues with the CFX3's, It's a shame because it is a beautiful fridge,

hope you get it sorted soon.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I would like to recommend - but I can’t to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah that's a shame, One of my ARB's has been running 24/7 for the past 4 years non stop, Sometimes on 12v and on 240v, I have only played around with the 80Qt model but it is a beast of a thing, I put 48 Cans in there and they looked lost in there,, It will hold 120 of them in total. ? ? (y)

bicycleagent003

Did you download the CFX app? or the CFX3 app?

CFX3 is what you want. Syncs with my Android perfectly.

One thing Dometic really got right was this app. Far better than say the Renogy app (and I'm a Renogy fanboi).

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I have the CFX3 app, not the older CFX app. I also put the app on my wife's iPhone 6, and the app finds controls my fridge just fine. Dometic just emailed me again and they are hopefully going to get it sorted shortly.

I'm glad the app is working well for you on the Android platform. That is encouraging to hear.

What phone are you using?

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I have the CFX3 app, not the older CFX app. I also put the app on my wife's iPhone 6, and the app finds controls my fridge just fine. Dometic just emailed me again and they are hopefully going to get it sorted shortly.

I'm glad the app is working well for you on the Android platform. That is encouraging to hear.

What phone are you using?

Galaxy S8+

I assume you have tested your phone with another Bluetooth device?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz