I’m having some issues with my CFX3 55IM being powered by a Jackery 500 where the fridge shuts off at random.
TL;DR - it's shutting off for no reason using DC power under various circumstances. I replaced the fuse in the DC cable, didn't fix it. Fridge is on low power protection. It turns off regardless of whether I'm charging the Jackery via 12v car outlet while running the fridge or using Jackery only to power (each scenario using DC power from the Jackery).
I bought both the fridge and Jackery in November 2021, so less than 1 year old and both have been used only 3 times total. The Jackery was charged to 100% prior for all three trips.
First trip: The fridge worked perfectly for 3 days straight. No issues. I had it in the back seat of my truck and was charging the Jackery via the 12v cigarette lighter inside the truck while powering the fridge using DC power and at camp the fridge was running only off the Jackery the whole time.
Second trip: The fridge intermittently startred turning off for no apparent reason. The outside temp the was between 75 during the day and 45 at night. It was being transported in the back of truck inside a camper shell with the Jackery running it. Eventually after it had shut off so many times, using DC from the Jackery to power the fridge wouldn't work at all - I couldn't get it to turn on - so I had to switch to AC power from the Jackery to power the fridge and it worked fine, just way less effecient and it drained the battery faster.
Third trip: This past weekend I had the fridge in the bed of the truck again inside the shell using the Jackery to power it from DC power the whole time. We only used the fridge to transport food to another house 3 hours away and outside was anywhere between 70-90 degrees. Fridge started having the issue almost immediately after loading it into the truck before driving at all. Once we got there we didn't use it. Same thing happend on the way home.
When the fridge shuts off I can usually get it to turn back on by unplugging, shutting off DC power on the Jackery, plugging back in, etc. and probably 30% of the time the fridge will power up. The other 70% of the time it does not power up at all and I have to repeat the process, adding in trying to use the app to turn the fridge on. Some type of combo of fussing with it will get it to work again.
Nothing appears to be wrong with the Jackery from what I can tell.
It's beyond annoying, because at times the fridge seems to power back on and then shut off within a minute or two. Other times it will power up and stay on for a few hours with no apparent issues.
I replaced the fuse in the DC cable prior to this trip but it didn't make a difference. When I initially reached out to Dometic support they just asked if I tried using a different DC cable, which I have not, because they are out of stock everywhere.
Here's a test I just did tonight after we got home. It's like 72 degrees inside my house with the air on and the fridge is empty.
Video 1: At 9pm I turned the fridge on using DC from the Jackery and it powered up fine - https://share.icloud.com/photos/09fjNMBM8QkkIMfQEUHkDeccA
Video 2: At around 9:27pm I checked again and the fridge was off. Woudn't turn back on. Did the procedure above and it turned back on - https://share.icloud.com/photos/073uyKnC0udQXiDNjqJHY_5qQ
Video 3: Checked again at 10:07pm and the fridge was off. Tried to turn it back on but it was dead. Same thing again, unplugged, plugged back in and it powered up -
Video 4: Checked again at 10:23, fridge was off again. Wouldn't turn on. Turned off DC power on the Jackery, turned it back on, and it powered up - https://share.icloud.com/photos/07b9wYmS6jUFEvBX2vrDddOyA
At this point I can't take it anywhere doing this because if it shuts down overnight we'll be screwed. @Dometic
What is going on here?