The Dometic CFX3 Mega Thread

Knight315

Hi, I'm new to this site. I'm assuming the name of the thread means talk about anything Dometic CFX3 related? If not I apologize.

I just received my CFX3 95, I set it to the recommended -15c for freezer (above compressor) and 4c for fridge. I left it empty until it reached those temps. I then added pre-cooled items to it. It has been running for 2 days. The freezer is fully packed, fridge is about 2/3 full. The unit makes fan noise first, then compressor can be heard, then fan noise. That process is about 25 minutes. The unit is quiet for 5 minutes, and keeps this cycle going. My home ambient temp is about 24c with 41% moisture level. Is this normal operation? Is there a better temp setting?

I have ran the unit with both 12 volt DC and AC method to verify that both methods work., They both five same results.

As a side question I'm assuming the Wifi function is only a direct wifi and not an actual Ethernet capable device that can access the web?

Thanks if any one can educate me on the real world performance of this unit. I should add I'm planning on using this unit as my main 365 days a year fridge/freezer in a tiny home.

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Received an email after about a week and a warranty claim processed in only a couple of days. I hope our second unit lasts much longer than the first, but the DOMETIC customer service has been top notch! Jon was extremely prompt and professional!

Glad to hear they got in touch with you quickly. The team has been working hard to improve the customer service experience so it's good to hear the turnaround was fast!

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
dometic.com

smokey7722

Does anyone know if there is a cable exists for a CFX3 with one end being the DC connector to the unit and the other to a DC5521 connector? I'm looking to connect two CFX3's to a Bluetti EB70S and avoid using AC power. Since the Bluetti has only a single cigarette plug, I can only get one connected to DC at the moment. If I could find a DC cable that uses the 5521 connector, I could plug both into the DC outputs of the Bluetti. While I haven't found anything premade yet and don't mind making my own - I would prefer a premade cable if I could find one.

@Dometic any chance something like this exists or is there information on the connector? I have only found inconsistent information online. If I could even just find a converter for the cigarette plug side (unscrewing the outer portion) for the 2 prongs and screw on a conversion cable to turn it into a DC5521 connector, that would work fine as well.

Last edited:

jrb737

Hello, new CFX3 45 owner here in Colorado. How accurate is everyone's internal temperature? The cooler says it's has cooled to 34, but my thermometer I put inside pretty much reads a consistent 40 degrees. Also when I set the temp to 38 degrees it says it cooled it down to 34 or so, is that normal also?

Thanks for any info.

smokey7722

Hello, new CFX3 45 owner here in Colorado. How accurate is everyone's internal temperature? The cooler says it's has cooled to 34, but my thermometer I put inside pretty much reads a consistent 40 degrees. Also when I set the temp to 38 degrees it says it cooled it down to 34 or so, is that normal also?

Thanks for any info.

My 35L is within a few degrees but the 25L was so wildly off that I reached out to Dometic support and they are replacing it. If I set it as a freezer to -4F for example at times throughout the day it goes up to +14F and consistently hovers around 3-4F.

czukie

Appologies if this is the wrong spot for this question as it pertains to a CFX and not a CFX3, but will a goal zero yeti 200x with two 100 watt panels be enough to consistently run a Dometic CFX28? Where I camp multiple weeks has fairly consistent sun so it should also be consistently charging the yeti.

I am trying not have to spend the money for a yeti 500x. The fridge, led lights (at night), and occasional phone charge will be 99% of what the yeti will be used for.

Thoughts and experiences?

Painkillerspe

I purchased a CFX3 55IM back in May of 2020 and I'm just now starting to have issues. Looks like the thermostat or something has gone bad. It's reading 20 to 30 degrees warmer than what the interior is and causing the compressor to run all the time. For instance the cooler was saying the interior temp was 55 degrees when it was 20 on my infrared thermometer.

I have contacted dometic to see about a warranty but so far nothing.

I have a big 2 week trip to Colorado and Utah planned for mid July, so this is really stressing me out lol.

Edit: literally just minutes after posting this, got an email that a replacement unit is on the way.

Last edited:

smokey7722

I purchased a CFX3 55IM back in May of 2020 and I'm just now starting to have issues. Looks like the thermostat or something has gone bad. It's reading 20 to 30 degrees warmer than what the interior is and causing the compressor to run all the time. For instance the cooler was saying the interior temp was 55 degrees when it was 20 on my infrared thermometer.

I have contacted dometic to see about a warranty but so far nothing.

I have a big 2 week trip to Colorado and Utah planned for mid July, so this is really stressing me out lol.

Edit: literally just minutes after posting this, got an email that a replacement unit is on the way.

My new CFX3 25L was reading lower than the actual temp constantly - I called Dometic's support and they quickly worked with me originally saying to go into the local retailer (Camping World) to initiate the warranty process however they were willing to work with me directly to get the RMA process started after I pushed a little. The thermistor at least in the 25L is not replaceable without fully tearing down the unit so they just swap the entire units. I had a new one 2 days after I initiated the process and shipped the old one back with the return label they provided the day after.

Painkillerspe

My new CFX3 25L was reading lower than the actual temp constantly - I called Dometic's support and they quickly worked with me originally saying to go into the local retailer (Camping World) to initiate the warranty process however they were willing to work with me directly to get the RMA process started after I pushed a little. The thermistor at least in the 25L is not replaceable without fully tearing down the unit so they just swap the entire units. I had a new one 2 days after I initiated the process and shipped the old one back with the return label they provided the day after.

They told me to just toss the old one. Shame it can't be repaired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles