The Dometic CFX3 Mega Thread

archerwolf

I also used my REI 20% off coupon to order a CFX3 55IM in March. REI still shows backordered. Do we have an idea when they'll be restocked?

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
I also used my REI 20% off coupon to order a CFX3 55IM in March. REI still shows backordered. Do we have an idea when they'll be restocked?

Unfortunately, we don't have any insight into how REI inventory looks on this front right now. We'll have another shipment adding stock to our online store late this week/early next, but I'm not sure if there is also some inventory going to retailers like REI.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

Dometic

Drumber

Observer
Did you ever get yours?
I have not, but my card was charged overnight which is usually a sign that they're getting ready to ship. I'm not too worried as it's just going to sit it the garage for the foreseeable future. I mostly put the order in to lock in the coupon pricing.

FJR Colorado

Explorer
I have not, but my card was charged overnight which is usually a sign that they're getting ready to ship. I'm not too worried as it's just going to sit it the garage for the foreseeable future. I mostly put the order in to lock in the coupon pricing.

That bodes well. Sure hope they get mine shipped soon. Nothing charged yet.

Dometic: Please get those orders filled at REI-Thanks! I really don't want to cancel and buy something else. 75DZ on back-order. Eagerly awaiting.

Dometic

We recently got the following question, and I wanted to share it as well as our feedback.

Is each section of the cooler individually baffled from the compressor so that in fridge/freezer mode one section receives more cooling than the other?

There is one compressor and one controller. There are two evaporator systems, one for each compartment. A solenoid diverts coolant to each compartment depending on the feedback it is getting from the temp sensor in each zone.

Each of zone is controlled. This is different than other types of dual zone fridges where there is one large compartment with a removable divider. With these you can’t easily dictate the temp in each compartment - you can only use trial and error.

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Dometic

Also, an update on slides and covers for the CFX3...

Estimates are still very fluid because of the pandemic, but our best estimate right now is May or June. In the meantime, if you are looking for model numbers of the slides or covers that you'll need here is the full list:

Sliders
Description - SKU
CFX3 SLD3545 Slide Mount Kit 35/40/45 - 9610000651
CFX3 SLD55 Slide Mount Kit 50/55/65 - 9610000652
CFX3 SLD75 Slide Mount Kit 75/80/110 - 9610000653
CFX3 SLD95100 Slide Mount Kit 95/100 - 9610000655

Covers
Description - SKU
CFX3-PC35 Protective Cover for CFX3 35 - 9600026462
CFX3-PC45 Protective Cover for CFX3 45 - 9600026463
CFX3-PC55 Protective Cover for CFX3 55 - 9600026464
CFX3-PC75 Protective Cover for CFX3 75 - 9600026465
CFX3-PC95 Protective Cover for CFX3 95 - 9600026466
CFX3-PC100 Protective Cover for CFX3 100 - 9600026467

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Drumber

Observer
That bodes well. Sure hope they get mine shipped soon. Nothing charged yet.

Dometic: Please get those orders filled at REI-Thanks! I really don't want to cancel and buy something else. 75DZ on back-order. Eagerly awaiting.
Still waiting.......

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Still waiting.......

Darn.

As of 2 weeks ago I can get down the switchbacks to my off-grid cabin so I need this thing!

Since neither Dometic nor REI seem capable of answering any simple questions, I may just cancel, buy an Engel and call it a day.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles