The Dometic CFX3 Mega Thread

resqman911

A little help with my CFX3 55im. The Fridge works great but a couple of times now it has shut of randomly while connected to my GoalZero 400. I have the battery protection set to low and the neither time was the GoalZero even below 50% so I’m confused. One other issue is I cant seem to turn on the temprature warning. the button is there but greyed out.

resqman911

u00mem9

So, I will say this for Dometic, they seem to be rather well-practiced at handling the return and refund of their products. A brief call to the recall number listed in the pdf, and my CFX3 75DZ is now waiting on the front porch to be picked up by the UPS man tomorrow. I would encourage anyone that bought a unit involved in this recall to get it returned to Dometic and let them properly correct this issue on new production. I suspect this will be corrected long term, but I don't have a clear indication from them about their future plan. Production is in China, and I doubt they would have stopped production if the long term fix was just to add a sticker. I just didn't want to get stuck with one of the initial lemon units. I was lucky in that the other things on my 12v bus were tolerant of the high voltage back feed.

I will keep update here when I have the refund check in hand.

Sorry for the delayed update, but I did finally get the refund check from Dometic. It was a long process, and involved constantly communicating to understand the "weekly mistake" that caused each additional delay. I spent about 1/2 the refund on a chinese fridge sold by a chinese company, rather than a chinese fridge sold by a faux-euro company. Working great, and lesson learned.

Considering I was one of the customers trying notify them of the defect in the CFX3 in the Spring months, received zero communication from them when the defect was finally acknowledged, and ultimately was expected to slap a sticker on the thing and accept reduced functionality, I feel fortunate to have escaped with no financial loss, or fire damage like some have suffered.

Needless to say, I probably won't be buying any Dometic products in the future.

Vocoder

Good morning. I just picked up a CFX3 55im. It is amazing. With my setup I am still able to charge my rig batteries and run the cooler on solar. My question is with the CFX3 app on iPhone - I do not get voltage or open door (or any other) notifications on my phone, and do not see any way to enable them. If I open the app itself it will tell me but I am hoping I don’t need to do that all the time. What am I missing?

Adjake

How much noise is expected when the compressor starts up and shuts down? I Just picked up a CFX3 35. Start up seems sound seems kind of reasonable but when it cycles off there is a horrible vibration type of sound. I originally thought it was a bad fan because that is the type of sound this is making, but looking in the vent I can see the fan stop before the noise stops.

Should I just return/exchange it or is this a normal deal

Adjake

I also just realized that mine does not have the warning sticker. Old stock or is the dual power thing fixed, need to register it I guess.

How much noise is expected when the compressor starts up and shuts down? I Just picked up a CFX3 35. Start up seems sound seems kind of reasonable but when it cycles off there is a horrible vibration type of sound. I originally thought it was a bad fan because that is the type of sound this is making, but looking in the vent I can see the fan stop before the noise stops.

BlakeA

I also just realized that mine does not have the warning sticker. Old stock or is the dual power thing fixed, need to register it I guess.
I bought my cfx3 35 early 2020 and registered it shortly thereafter. I’ve yet to receive a sticker.
I’ll just add Dometic to my growing list of companies that are long on promises, but short on delivery.
And I’ll second the earlier poster who just bought some other Chinese fridge for half the cost.

Adjake

to follow up... I ended up exchanging this unit because of this rattling noise. I just opened up the replacement and it looks like it was put together by a 3 year old. Gouges by the screws, scratches in the plastic etc. It also does not power up. Time to return it for my money back and look elsewhere. Sucks because the the physical dimensions were perfect for me. Oh well

Dometic

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
finally.gif

It's been a long time, but we finally have inventory back in stock for the CFX3 35, 45, and 55IM!!!

You can check them out here. If you decide to order be sure to use the discount code below to save a few additional $$!

Unfortunately, we're still waiting to rebuild inventory on the 75DZ, 95DZ, and 100. We're expecting these back in stock by mid-February (y)

DOMETIC
mobile living made easy
shop.dometic.com

Use promo code Expedition20 for $25 off your order of $75+

Last edited:

Cbaur1

For the CFX3 75 should I be using one side for the freezer over the other ? To be efficient or stay colder ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94